Email a daily digest of posts for subscribed tags to members

Hi guys

We have a busy news website and want to start allowing user registrations. One of the functionalities available to members is the option to subscribe to any tag a post is tagged with. They will then receive via email a daily digest of posts with the subscribed tags.

For example: If John reads a post with the tags Pretoria, election, video, he would fill in a subscription form above the comments that lets him choose to receive notifications via email to one or more of the following:

- new comments on the post (checkbox)
- posts with the following tags
<> Pretoria (checkbox)
<> election (checkbox)
<> video (checkbox)

Questions

1. Can the Subscribe by Email plugin be extended to handle users' subscriptions to tags?
2. Can the newsletter be scheduled to automatically send daily at a ceirtain time?
3. Can the newsletter's content be dynamically populated with posts with specific tags per user?
4. Can this plugin send notifications about new comments on a post?

Any help and insights would be greatly appreciated.

• Rupok

Hi Kobus, hope you had a wonderful day.

1. Can the Subscribe by Email plugin be extended to handle users' subscriptions to tags?
    > Yes, but that will require huge amount of custom coding, nearly building another plugin because this plugin only supports subscribing to new posts only.

2. Can the newsletter be scheduled to automatically send daily at a ceirtain time?
    > You can set Email Frequency, but I'm afraid, you can't set any specific time for sending emails with this plugin.

3. Can the newsletter's content be dynamically populated with posts with specific tags per user?
    > I'm afraid, this is not possible out of the box.

4. Can this plugin send notifications about new comments on a post?
    > I'm afraid, this is also not possible out of the box.

However, you can hire a developer from our Jobs Section to extend this plugin for you. Please keep in mind, developers found in our Jobs Section are not associated with us. So communicate with them well before you make any payments to them.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.