We have a busy news website and want to start allowing user registrations. One of the functionalities available to members is the option to subscribe to any tag a post is tagged with. They will then receive via email a daily digest of posts with the subscribed tags.
For example: If John reads a post with the tags Pretoria, election, video, he would fill in a subscription form above the comments that lets him choose to receive notifications via email to one or more of the following:
- new comments on the post (checkbox)
- posts with the following tags
<> Pretoria (checkbox)
<> election (checkbox)
<> video (checkbox)
1. Can the Subscribe by Email plugin be extended to handle users' subscriptions to tags?
2. Can the newsletter be scheduled to automatically send daily at a ceirtain time?
3. Can the newsletter's content be dynamically populated with posts with specific tags per user?
4. Can this plugin send notifications about new comments on a post?
Any help and insights would be greatly appreciated.