Email appear 3 times in _subscriptions_queue

Hi,

Should it be possible for an email to appear more than once in _subscriptions_queue?

My client has been noting that she has been getting the email from Subscribe by Email more than once every time. I just checked _subscriptions_queue and found that her email appeared 3 times.

Is that normal? Or a possible plugin bug?

Ps. Please note that the email only appears one time if I search for it in the back-end.

Sincerely,
Mika

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Hey @Mika

Thanks for the question, this may happen if the clients mail takes time with the response header. The plugin may treat it as bounce and try again till it gets a success header.

Does this happen to just one mail domain or do you have multiple records with similar issues.

Cheers
    Jude

• Mika
      • The Bug Hunter

Hey Jude.

Thanks for your reply.

This only happens with this one email. However, is the email address supposed to be in the _subscriptions_queue table more than once? If not, could this also cause the issue?

Sincerely,
      Mika

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Hey @Mika

Yes the _subscriptions_queue is an internal queue that the plugin uses to track statues so its possible to have more than one entry based on what I explained above. Do however check the user is not added more than once in the list.

Also please put that one user in a separate list and see if this issue can be reproduced there.

Cheers
    Jude

• Mika
      • The Bug Hunter

Hey Jude

Can you explain the purpose of having the email multiple times for different statuses? Wouldn't it be better to have a value associated with the email for the different statuses like:

example@email.com = 0 ( Unconfirmed )
      example@email.com = 1 ( Comfirmed )

I just tried to delete it completely from the list in the database, and I will see what happens next time they sent out an email.

Sincerely,
      Mika

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Mika, thanks for your patience here! :slight_smile:

Can you explain the purpose of having the email multiple times for different statuses? Wouldn't it be better to have a value associated with the email for the different statuses like:

example@email.com = 0 ( Unconfirmed )
    example@email.com = 1 ( Comfirmed )

Pardon me here, but I'm not quite sure that I follow this question, could you rephrase & elaborate on this for me?

I just tried to delete it completely from the list in the database, and I will see what happens next time they sent out an email.

Would you have an update for us on this? Be curious to know what happened. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Mika
      • The Bug Hunter

Hey Michael.

I am terrible sorry for not updating back on this thread.

My client found that she had a forwarder added from another email account which also is subscribed. I ask her about this to start, but she said that it wasn't the case, until she found out that it was.

Thanks a lot!!

Sincerely,
      Mika

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.