Email Confirmation & Redirection

Hi, we are having trouble with Membership 2 - first of all the plug in is still stating that it is the free version even though we have paid membership (see screenshot).

Secondly we are combining the plugin with Buddypress and using the BP integration (this is turned on in add ons) and using the BP registration form, however when the BP registration form is completed, we do not receive a confirmation email. This works with the M2 registration form (we have the additional automated emails setup and the free template loaded and activated) but when using the BP regiostration form, we do not get the admin notification email, nor does the user get an email... I have now noticed that this is noted on the description, but how do we get this working?

Thirdly we would like to have an approval process for the users prior to be automatically being signed up, but with both 'New User Approve' and 'WP user approve' plugins, after completing the registration form the user is just looped back to the registration page as if the registration hasn't happened (even though they are added into Users for approval) and again they do not get a notification email.

Thanks for any help or advice...

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey @Jacqueline,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

Looking at your account I can see that you indeed have free version installed.
    What probably happened is that you installed Pro version and updated the plugin before activating it.
    While the plugin is not activated it will see that the version number is different from one on wp.org and it will update to that version.
    After the Pro version is installed and activated you will no longer see notifications to update to version 4+

Can you please install the pro version again from plugin page here https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership/ and let us know if the above issues are still there after that.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Jacqueline!

That's great you've exported data from a plugin, hopefully though that exported file will not be necessary. To switch from "free" to "pro" version please do the following:

- in your dashboard disable plugin (but do not use "delete" option)
    - download the "Pro" version (from an URL that Predrag shared with you)
    - unpack (extract) downloaded archive to your local storage
    - access your server via FTP
    - go to /wp-content/plugins/ folder
    - delete /membership/ folder
    - upload /membership/ folder from extracted downloaded plugin to the server
    - enable plugin again in your dashboard

This way you shouldn't loose any data and a "Pro" version should pick up all the settings. If any setup will be necessary, plugin should guide you through.

I hope that helps!

Best regards,
    Adam

• Jacqueline

I have now updated the plugin to the pro version as described and the buddypress registration page no longer works at all - users are just looped back to the registration page on submission, with no reason for the registration not going through...

http://c4dnetwork.apps-1and1.net/register-m2/

With regards the email message after sucessful sign up (when it works!) - rather than using the M2 automated emails that don't seem to work with the buddypress registration form, would the WPMU Automessage plugin work to notify new members?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello @Jacqueline,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your feedback!

I have visited your registration link and was able to sign-up for a free membership. Assuming that's now running the Membership 2 Pro plugin, I suppose you were able to set this up on your own, am I correct? Let me know please!

As for Automessage plugin. This will work but it's not integrated with Membership 2 (neither Pro nor "free") so it's rather like "independent"/separate plugin that may be used for sending additional "welcome messages" etc. I did received your message quite fast though (just a minute or so after signup) and judging upon its content it was an "Automessage" message. As you mentioned that its set to "Immediate", it seems to be working.

Please note though that it depends also on the server (especially its current load and size of an e-mail queue) and it may happen sometime that the message will not be delivered instantly. Are there many signups to your site (how often it happens) and is there many e-mail sent through that server and your domain? Please advise!

The Membership 2 Pro notification e-mails however should work along BuddyPress. What you may want to do would be to go to your dashboard's

"Membership 2" -> "Add-ons" page and enable the "Additional Automated Messages" module

and then go to

"Membership 2" -> "Settings" -> "Automated Email Responses" page

and make sure that all the necessary notifications are turned on and contain relevant content.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.