Email confirmation upon subscription/registration

How do I confirm the email address of the registree upon completion? getting spam. Have buddy press installed as well but it goes to the subscribe page where the users sign up.

• Rheinard

Hi @John,

Membership just uses standard WordPress user registration before taking you to signup. This unfortunately means that at the moment there is no confirmation email with an activation link.

The type of registration you are looking for is commonly called "double opt-in". Its becoming more important in countries where legislation is ruling that all website registrations has to be double opt-in.

This would be a welcome addition to Membership, so I thank you for bringing it to our attention again. I will add this to the requested features as I do believe that this is an important feature and will become even more so in future.

I don't know if there are any double opt-in plugins available that could at least get you started. I will look into this for you.

Cheers,
    Rheinard

• John

Thank you for the reply. This is an important feature to us because some of our information is sensitive and we need to have email confirmation. I've already had to delete a few people who registered fake emails w/o confirming same. I added DM Confirm and it works if Membership is disabled, but membership overides DM Confirm when I reactivate. I'm sure there is simple code to prevent this, but this is not my area of expertise. If you have an option to suggest I would be glad to listen. I like the Membership platform better than the other options I have tried as it it easier to protect content but I do need the added double opt in to keep an account with you guys. Thank you.

• Rheinard

Hi @John,

Thanks for the clarification. I will definitely look into this matter and have an idea of why this could be happening. To ensure that all Membership tasks are run upon registering we have to temporarily log the user in, but because of WordPress' normal behaviour, we don't do anything further.

Will discuss with the team to add an option to immediately log out so that 3rd party plugins like DM Confirm handles confirmation until we can integrate it in future. This will of course need to be carefully tested to ensure it doesn't effect Membership's behaviour.

Cheers,
    Rheinard

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.