email notification loop with add new user

just bought your plugin "Add New Users" and added 1 user with password to one of my sites in a multisite installation.
since then i get admin emails - in five minutes over 300 !!! - but none to the new subscriber.

how can i stop this loop?

• Sajid

Hi @info4856,
    Hope you are doing good today

I tried to reproduce this issue on my own website but could not reproduce it. I got only few as much emails as I added users (three users, three emails) containing WordPress new user notification.

What email you are getting, can you please share the email message here, so I can figure out from where that email is coming from ?

Take care and have a nice day
    Cheers, Sajid

• Stephan

hi sajid

thanks for your interest and hopefully help.

it's really puzzling me what happens:
    the first time i tried to create 1 (one) editor i got 350 admin-emails. fortunately i had activated the admin-messages, so i was aware of what was going on.
    but no email for the editor.

it's always the same message (in german), telling the admin that a new user has registered.
    it only shows the remote-ip which is my own.

what i want to do: as super-admin of a multisite i want to create an editor-role (as an experiment i took my own multilanguage website german/english before i adapt the procedure on other multisite websites). so it's no surprise that it was my own IP that was figured out.

after the first round i had to change some values in the DB because i thought it could be the reason for the looping (correct domain in wp-site and correct siteurl in wp_sitemeta, which were still wrong after a duplication with DUPLICATOR PRO - the plugin being a nightmare for itself).
    at the same time i deleted the 350 entries all with the ID 0 in the table wp-users.

but the second round showed the same outcome: 243 admin-emails in 4 minutes, and none to the editor.

in both cases i could only stop the loop by killing the backend-tab in my browser.
    after a while WP stopped the process.

attached you find a screenshot of the one user i wanted to create (both times the same).

and a screenshot of the super-admin panel / users. see especially the difference between all = 244 and the second line which is empty.

cheers
    stephan

• Nastia

Hello @info4856

I can't replicate this issue too. I've received only one email as administrator and as an editor.

Let's exclude the conflict with a plugin first that may be the reason for this behavior

Please disable all other plugins and test again. If the issue is gone, activate one plugin at the time to find out which one may cause this conflict.

For more guidance please follow the flowchart from our manual:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Do you have an SMTP plugin installed on your site? Please try one of the most commonly used:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-wp-smtp/
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/gmail-smtp/
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/postman-smtp/

Let us know how it went!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Nastia

Hello @info4856

I trust you are doing well today!

I'm not saying that another plugin has sent emails, what I meant that there is a conflict between Add New Users plugin and another one that is installed on your installation.

Is there is a conflict, this is something that our second level support can fix.

Once you deactivate all the other plugins and add a new users, check if you have received a duplicate emails again. If there is only one email, the plugin is working fine, then please activate one plugin at the time, testing each time for a conflict.

how about refunding?

We don't deal with billing questions in the support forum, if you still wish to refund, please contact our email team, they are the best with handling this type of questions. Of course, if you change your mind, will be glad to assist you further.

Let us know how it went!

Cheers,
    Nastia