email notification not working

hi there,
i don't get any email notification when a user sends a ticket. it works the other way around though, so when i send a response to the support ticket as an admin, the user gets notified by email.
my email works ok. i've just double checked that.
any idea what can cause the issue?
thanks,
Adam

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Adam,

I have tested this on 2 of my test installs and it seems to be working great and I am receiving emails both on a ticket creation and update/closure.

I would like to know more about how you have setup and are you using separate email addresses for testing purpose.

Have you checked the spam folder ?

Please advise

Cheers
    PC

• adam007
    • The Incredible Code Injector

hi PC,
    i've tried to deactivate other plugins and still i'm not getting email notification as an admin. reply email notifications work ok.
    i've checked the spam, nothing's there. i've tried 3 different email addresses either just to make sure..

PS. should there be a database in the phpmyadmin for the support plugin created? i couldn't really see any. might that be the issue?

thanks,
    Adam

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Well, this is strange then.

I have tried to play around with the settings a bit and still could not manage to replicate the issue on any of my lab sites.

should there be a database in the phpmyadmin for the support plugin created? i couldn't really see any. might that be the issue?

This is not something which I created for my install, I just installed and used it right away.

Well, I need to consult the developer here so that we can get some feedback on what he thinks about it as I am unable to replicate.

This might take longer than a usual thread and I would be following up time to time to see how soon can we get a response from our Lead developer Moha (Who has been quite busy lately with loads of theme and plugin works)

Lemme send him a note regarding the same.

Cheers
    PC

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I am sure that once we have a response from our lead dev, we would have something to look for as for now, I have exhausted all the possible options and was not able to replicate it. (Never know if I am missing some thing here :smiley: )

Cheers
    PC

• adam007

hi PC,
    how's it going? any news regarding the support plugin issue?

PS. i've done some more testing. i'm using Pro Sites plugin and have premium support enabled as one of the modules. when i log in to a subsite and send a premium support message (from 'your account') tab, i'm getting email notification.
    still, when i'm trying to use the support ticket, it doesn't send the notification. i've deactivated premium support from the modules just to check, but it didn't help.
    not sure what else can that be.

i'd really appreciate if someone could look into that.
    thanks,
    Adam

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Heya Adam,

Apologies for the delay in responding to your post, I was away for last 3 days...

I have sent another note to our lead developer regarding the same. He had been pretty loaded with stuff lately that he could not get time to look into this. However I am sure that he soon would :slight_smile:

Cheers
    PC

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya Adam/IVN,

I really appreciate your patience on this thread while our lead developer is busy on some urgent plugin updates.

I have sent him another note on this issue and would wait along with you for his response.

Cheers
    PC

• adam007

hi Joe,
    that's what i'm actually waiting from you: an update.
    i've sent all the log in details a few weeks ago, but the issue still hasn't been resolved. i was email over two weeks ago and told that Moa will have a look on that soon.
    i haven't heard from you since then.

i'd really appreciate if you could let me know what's going on with this issue.

thanks,
    Adam

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Adam,

An update from me? I have never been in on this ticket before though as you can see above I have indeed pinged Moha again.

two weeks ago and told that Moa will have a look on that soon.
    i haven't heard from you since then.

Two weeks ago I was on vacation in Eastern Europe on the Black Sea so it certainly was not me.

I am getting it now that you are not referring to me personally though I will not accept the blame nor responsibility for someone else's action or inaction.

That is another reason why I do NOT have people use the contact form when contacting me or sending me log in details, I give my WPMU Dev email address because we actually do not know who got that email.

Because we do not even know for sure at this point if Moha even got that email two weeks ago.

In any event it is sure that I have gotten his attention on this ticket with my pings @S H Mohanjith and follow ups.

Cheers, Joe

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

but i've started getting notification emails, so the support plugin works now! it must be some magic;]

Wow that is nice. However, do you remember making any changes to the site before it started working ? Perhaps there was a plugin issue, or may be your server blocking emails ?

Cheers
    PC

• adam007

hi PC,
    unfortunately i've been making too many changes to remember what particular thing could have causes the issue. my website is still in the kind of beta version, so i'm messing around with things trying to get it right.
    sorry i cannot really say what was blocking emails.
    i'm glad it works now and hope it'll stay like that!

best,
    Adam

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Adam,

No issues :slight_smile:

I am glad that its working. As you are making changes to the site and if you get in the same situation again, please make sure what change has made it go bad again so that we can hit that if it occurs again :slight_smile:

Cheers
    PC

• mmedia

For others experiencing this problem and it remains unresolved, our team discovered that the emails not being received by our tech team was the result of how SS is programmed to only email to the first account created on the WP installation.

We had requested that this be resolved by the plugin developer creating an option to allow a default email to bet set in the settings, but I do not believe that has been accomplished as of yet. If it hasn't and you are experiencing this problem, please reference the end of the linked forum post to learn how we manually edited the code to accomplish this.

Another aggravation with this plugin is that instead of the emails being sent to the tech that claimed it, it gets sent to the first account (or the one manually set in the code), leaving us to have to look and see whose it was and forward it to the appropriate person.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/not-emailing-when-tickets-are-submitted

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.