email notification that the trial period will be up

Guys,

Pro sites allows me to enable a “trial” period for all free accounts. I notice there are notifications at the top to the number of days remaining.

– However, does the client get email updates about this?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings infotechd and David :slight_smile:

I tested the trial period and if it emails or not when the trial is close to ending or ends at all.

I found that it does NOT email when the trial period ends and more troubling is that any Pro or Premium plugins that the Trial Site activated are STILL activated and fully functional even when the trial ends – this is untested regarding the Themes though 100% true regarding the plugins.

Therefore one could sign up for a trial, enable all the pro plugins, and when the trial ends they still have complete Pro or Premium options. However, all those they did not activate would require the upgrade to a higher level to use.

Joe :slight_smile:

• Jason
    • The Bug Hunter

That is interesting, Joe. I knew that the email was not sent before or at the end of the Trial but never checked to see the privileges for the plugins.

The themes on my end reverted to the “default” which was twenty11.

I think this aspect of the pro sites should be looked at serious.

Jason

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings infotechd :slight_smile:

due to the Pro Sites NOT disabling the Plugins after trial I have decided to not allow a trial period for our upcoming launch of this particular network.

So the two things that need to be done to add perfection to this would be emails telling that their account will be downgraded or they need to pay – of course tactfully as possible, and second that the Plugins revert back to requiring the higher level when the trial ends.

Otherwise one would have to keep track of all the signups and related dates …… argh

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

@joe, that’s odd, I’ve not yet tested the trial for plugin deactivation but plugins definitely should be deactivated once the trial’s up. Could I get you to create a new thread on that one?

@jason, as you’re seeing, Pro Sites doesn’t send email notifications regarding the trial period. That is in the plans, likely via integration with the Automessage plugin as noted in the following thread.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/pro-sites-and-membership

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings David :slight_smile:

as a followup sir:

I did create a new thread on not disabling plugins and shortly thereafter Phil responded that it cannot be done.

and +100 concerning getting an email out to those whose trials are expiring and have expired :slight_smile:

Thanks as always :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.