Email notification w/Buddypress Add On enabled

Hi,
I have Buddypress installed to add custom fields to Membership2 registration, however I do want to send an email to the registrant confirming/activating their profile.
My Memberships are private and free FYI, I will add them to their respective Membership level upon registration completion.

Thanks,
Michael

• Patrick

Hi there @Mike | BKSEO

I hope you're having a great day!

Under Membership2 > Addons, activate the Additional Automated Messages addon.

You'll then see a few new email messages you can use under Membership2 > Settings > Automated Email Responses. The one you want to use is Signup - Completed (free membership)

When a user is successfully subscribed to any of your free memberships, they will receive that email. This happens whether they sign up to the membership during registration, or if you manually add them afterwards.

Please let us know if this helps, and don't hesitate to post again if you need to.

• Mike | BKSEO

Thanks Patrick,
    I configured a 'Standard' Membership that is public and free, however when I go to register it takes me directly to the Buddypress registration page and doesn't let me select this membership prior.
    I would like for users to be able to register for this Membership level, and receive an email confirmation upon submission of the form.
    Currently with the M2 Buddypress Integration enabled, users are automatically activated and logged in? This is not secure at all.

• Sajid

Hi @Mike | BKSEO! Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I configured a 'Standard' Membership that is public and free, however when I go to register it takes me directly to the Buddypress registration page and doesn't let me select this membership prior.

Membership 2 Pro presents membership page first and then uses BuddyPress registration form instead of default one automatically. When BuddyPress integration add on is enabled. Make sure you are using Membership 2 Pro registration page instead of BuddyPress registration page. These two are different.

I would like for users to be able to register for this Membership level, and receive an email confirmation upon submission of the form.

To receive confirmation email. You have to activate the Additional Automated Messages addo as stated by Patrick in above post.

After activating this addon you will see another tab in Membership 2 > Settings > Automated Email Responses. From dropdown "Signup - Completed (free membership)" and click on load button. Now activate this by clicking on the green toggle right with the title Signup - Completed (free membership) Message: (see screenshot).

Currently with the M2 Buddypress Integration enabled, users are automatically activated and logged in? This is not secure at all.

This is to ensure that your members get immediate access after they signup and skip the activation process.

For email confirmation you can try a plugin like this or similar.
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/dm-confirm-email/

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.