Email notifications in Membership 2

I have setup my membership levels to roll back to a membership level called expired member.

Will the email still be triggered when the current user level expires?

How can I test the email function? I tried expiring the member manually, but that didn't do anything.

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Nick, Michael here! :slight_smile:

Will the email still be triggered when the current user level expires?

It should, though as Membership 2 does schedule the checks for membership statuses (and the checks for pending email responses), you'll want go to here:

Membership 2 -> Settings

And do the check for "Check Membership Status changes" at the bottom of the page there, there should be a link next to that text that can be clicked (one will show up for pending email responses as well, if there are any responses pending).

How can I test the email function? I tried expiring the member manually, but that didn't do anything.

In your case, I'd set up a one day membership, and have it change to that Expired membership afterwards. Since you're working with paid memberships, you could always try the PayPal Single Gateway in sandbox mode (since I see that you've already got the Stripe Single Gateway set up in live mode).

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello @Nick, I hope you are doing well today!

Just to make sure, the emails are sent before the member's subscription is expires?

Please paste this code into the wp-config.php file:
    define( "MS_DUPLICATE_EMAIL_HOURS", 24 );

That'll limit duplicate emails to being sent once every 24 hours.

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

• Nick
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Unfortunately I am not talking about my mail queue. I am talking about the queue in membership pro. At the bottom of the settings page it shows that there are 62 messages cute to send. It has not changed in several days.

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @Nick,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Would you mind granting support staff access so we can take a closer look at where exactly you are seeing this pending emails.

To grant support staff access go to WPMUDEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access or see this manual.

Thanks for you patience and look forward towards your response :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Sajid J

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @Nick,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Thanks for granting support staff access.

At the bottom of the settings page it shows that there are 62 messages cute to send

I could not see any message in Membership 2 > Settings page. Can you please share the screenshot of that full page ?

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Sajid J

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.