Email reminder of approaching event the user (maybe) is attending

Hi everyone

Setup current:

WordPress 3.3.2
BuddyPress 1.5.5
Event+ 1.2

I would like users to be reminded by BuddyPress notification or email of an approaching event for which they have signed up or have indicated an interest in by RSVP'ing 'Maybe'.

I expected this to be a setting, but I can't seem to find it.

Searching this forum have not yielded an answer.

Any help or pointers much appreciated.

Cheers

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

mort3n,

Hi and Welcome to WPMUdev forums!

We currently do not have email reminders in Events+, we only offer the addon capability of e-Newsletter to integrate (Dashboard>Events>Settings>Addons: e-newsletter.

I'd love to put this in as a feature request!

Ve: Is it possible to add email notifications to those who RSVP and Maybe attend events?

Anyone else have a vote? Just leave your +1 as a comment

Best,

Kimberly

• tousti
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

+1

Also one questions about the current Events+ integration. Is the possibility to choose sending the newsletter also available on front end? I can see it currently in the back end but our users don't create events that way.

Thanks,
    tousti

• christina_hooper
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

+1

It would be good to either have it do it as a global setting on all events or on a specific event.

Usage case: global setting
    Online registration for classes - always do a reminder 3 days before the class. The events are all basically the same type of event - so it makes sense that reminders be global.

Usage case: individual setting on each event
    Concerts - if a band sells tickets and they are playing locally, reminders might go out the day before the event. If they are doing an event out of town it might make more sense to the send a reminder a week in advance so people can make travel arrangements.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.