Emailing after shipping information is entered plus...

I was wondering if there is a way to have an email sent out once I enter the shipping information into the shipped section and also how can I put the shipping information at the top of the status page so that once they come back to check on their product they can see that first?

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @egrogg,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question! :slight_smile:

In products > store settings > messages, there's a shipping message, this message is what's sent to your customer once the item has been marked shipped from the manage orders section.

One of the available codes to place in the message is "ORDERNOTES". This note is added from the manage order screen per order, you could add the tracking number in there and then they'll receive the email with the tracking number once it's marked as shipped. Would that work for you?

We could also move the order notes to the top of the page for their order tracking screen, if you'd like? :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• egrogg

What I would like to do is a couple of things in light of what you wrote me.

I went into the Messages section and tried to reorder it to my liking. that was great!

One thing though...I would like to add the "tracking link" in this email like it is in on the order status page on the email.

I would also like to take the tracking link on the order status page and move this to the top. Also note that under USPS it wasn't coming up to track it? the website comes up but the actual tracking number that is listed (in the link) is not "pasted" onto the website?

If we can move these nearer the top on both (the order status and email once shipped) so customers can see this first I would like to see this. As for me, when I get an order, I don't want to read the whole thing...I just want the tracking information...

Is this possible?

Thanks!

Ernest

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there Ernest,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your patience on this! :slight_smile:

With the tracking link, are you referring to the order status link, or a direct link to track a parcel on usps for example?

For moving it to the top, can you link me to your site and place a item which is 0.00 so I can check the css page and see if we can get that sorted. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.