Emails aren't sent with Appointments+

Hi,

I've got some problems with Appointments+ plugin since May 10 at least. Confirmation emails are not sent to the client and to myself. However, cancellation emails are sent. I installed WP Mail log to get that information. Access to my website as been granted so you can have a look.

Thank you,

Dany

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Dany,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I accessed and reviewed your site. I can see in both WP Mail and Appointments+ mail logs that confirmation mails indeed doesn't seem to be send when necessary. Unfortunately, both these plugins doesn't show us why that's happening :slight_smile:

I noticed however that you're using some kind of custom placeholder in Appointments+ mail subjects. I realize that this shouldn't interfere as all other e-mails seem to be working fine but did you tried to remove it anyway ("FIELD_PRNOM") and check again?

Also, could you please try to recall if there were any changes made to the site prior to this issue? This could be some changes in plugins/themes code, some updates and/or additional plugins added, anything that comes to your mind on this can be useful.

Let me know please!

Best regards,
    Adam

• Dany

Hi Adam,

I removed "FIELD_PRNOM" from the confirmation email and tried to make a reservation. Unfortunately, no email confirmation were sent. It must be something else but what? I took another look in the logs and realized that it seems to be broken since April 26. For appointment #139, no email confirmation were sent but the appointment was made on April 26. Looking through my mailbox, I found that I got an email on April 26 that my website was updated to wordpress 4.5.1. Maybe it is related but I don't know for sure. I also tried to disable all other plugins to rule out conflit of plugins, but no confirmation email were sent. Can you fix this please?

Thank you,

Dany

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Dany,

Thank you for your replay!

I have reviewed your site once again and also tried to book an appointment. The booking process went fine and I can see that my appointment is booked and confirmed but still there's no confirmation e-mail.

I don't think that's related to WordPress update as I tested it on my own setup with the newest WP release and those e-mails are passing through as expected.

You mentioned that you tried to disable all plugins already but it didn't help in any way. I assume this included Easy SMTP plugin, is that right? Also, all other e-mails (those that are being sent) pass through and a properly delivered?

Have you also tried to temporarily switch to default "Twenty Fifteen" theme?

Can you fix this please?

That's precisely why I'm asking all these questions :slight_smile: In order to be able to fix an issue (especially the one that I'm not able to replicate on my own setup) I need to investigate it first to find a reason for it. I hope that makes sense :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Dany,

Thank you for your replay!

I'd like to ask you then for one last test before I go any further with this. Please add following lines to the "wp-config.php" file of your site:

define('WP_DEBUG',true);
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG',true);

These lines should be placed above the "/*That's all, stop editing... " line. Once this is done please try book some appointments (preferably using different user accounts/different e-mail addresses) and then please

- access your server via FTP
    - go to "/wp-content" folder
    - download the "debug.log" file
    - rename it to "debug.txt" and attach to the post here in this thread.

This file should contain some debugging information that hopefully would give me a better clue on what's happening there.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.