Emails from Subscribe By Email are from no-reply@

Hi there. My clients blog post email notification for his Subscribe By Email subscribers are ending up in spam and are from the email address no-reply@.

The site is in my wordpress network and I can't find andy place to change the send address.

Its reactkenya.com
I have authorized support access.

Please help if you can. Thanks so much :slight_smile:

Collin

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Hi again @Collin

Hope you've been well and the directors of projects and marketing are doing great !!

Here is some code you can use to force set the from address

add_filter( 'incsub_sbe_from_email' , function($x) { return 'collin@mysite.com' ; } ) ;

Just copy/paste the code into the functions.php file of your child theme or a site specific plugin if you use one.

Cheers
    Jude

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Collin

I hope you are having a wonderful day.

You can use the code @Jude mentioned above by using WordPress MU Plugins. For creating a mu plugin, create a folder named "mu-plugins" inside your "wp-content" folder. Inside the "mu-plugins" folder, create a file with any name and paste the following line and save it with .php extension.

add_filter( 'incsub_sbe_from_email' , function($x) { return 'collin@mysite.com' ; } ) ;

You can replace "collin@mysite.com" with your desired email address.

Now it should work without even editing the child theme.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Collin
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Great thanks Rupok. That seams to be taking care of that for me.
    Question: currently this is the only site in my network that is using the Subscribe by Email plugin, but is I use it on other site will this locate my chosen email to all sites using Subscribe by Email?

Also, can I request that specifying a send from address become part of the plugin features?

Thanks again for your help :slight_smile:
    You guys rock.

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Collin

Yes, you can definitely request to have that feature. Actually I'd like to thanks you for suggesting such an important feature.

I'm flagging our developer about this feature request. I hope he will take care of it soon. Please keep it in mind that our developers work round the clock and have to deal with lots of critical issues and other things. So it may take a while to get an update.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Collin
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi there :slight_smile: Let me know if you want me to mark this as resolved and open up a new ticket, but I thought I should chat here as it is related.

So the last update was great in that it addressed the no-reply@ issue we had a temp fix for above.
    However the fram address is now fixed to what appears like the email address for the first administrator. Catch for me is that I am the first administrator but it is my clients site. So the result is that my clients blog post updates are being emailed to his subscriber list from me.

Any change we could have the ability to choose the user from which the emails are being sent and/or the email address?

Also, the emails are still ending up in my jus email folder :slight_frown:

Thanks for the help

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Collin,

I'd say that we'll want to take this to a new thread, given that the original one's been resolved here. :slight_smile:

Just so you're aware, though, in terms of changing the email used for sending out newsletters, this would be something that we'd want to leverage the "incsub_sbe_from_email" filter for.

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.