Emails marked as Junk in Outlook

Hi guys

I’m using Subscribe by Email on our campany’s intranet with Buddypress to notify staff of new posts. Emails sent to users are marked as Junk by Outlook.

What can I do to prevent the messages being marked as spam? Our company uses Exchange 2010 with Active Directory. Our IT department says that every user would have to mark the message as Not Junk, but this doesn’t solve the original problem.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Kind regards

• Solidariteit
    • Flash Drive

Hi Patrick

Most of our users will need a step-by-step guide on how to add an address to their safe lists. Even then we’re not guaranteed that everyone reads the notifications.

The ideal solution in my opinion would be for the emails not being marked as spam in the first place. I’m trying to find out from our IT department what needs to be changed

for these emails to not be moved to the junk folder.

• Solidariteit
    • Flash Drive

Update:

The server’s IP hosting our intranet is now listed on the CBL with the following message:

IP Address ***.***.***.*** is listed in the CBL. It appears to be infected with a spam sending trojan, proxy or some other form of botnet.

No mail gets delivered to users for registration purposes or password reset either. This matter is of high priority to us.

• Solidariteit
    • Flash Drive

Our IT department identified the problem:

We use this plugin on our intranet where all the registered users have an email address on the same domain. As a result our mail server gets bombarded with a lot of email every time a post is published.

Our mail server blacklisted our intranet server because of this suspicious activity, but since we whitelisted the From address on the mail server the problem is resolved.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.