Emails not being logged in Appointments +

Hello,

I set a client's appointment system up several months ago and all was working fine and then they recently had someone show up who had made an appointment but they had not received the email alerting them of the appointment.

The appointment was in the removed area, however no sent email had been logged.

I have since changed the settings to automatically confirm the appointments, however, when I created a test appointment, no emails were sent and none were logged either.

Can someone please check in to it? I've granted access to http://lifeexpressions.co.nz/

Thank you

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi @steve_tullius,

Hope you're well?

I just tried logging into your site, but unfortunately I receive an error.

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 9961472) (tried to allocate 77824 bytes) in /nfs/c07/h01/mnt/102891/domains/lifeexpressions.co.nz/html/wp-includes/rewrite.php on line 401

Could you try adding the following to your wp-config.php

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

Seems strange that it worked, but then stopped working though, most of the issues with emails tend to be webhost related.

Have you tried setting SMTP up instead, as sometimes that can help. Though not guarantted 100%

https://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-wp-smtp/

Hope this helps

• ticadmin
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Vaughan,

Thanks for your assistance.

wp-config has been updated. Yes, it is strange. Originally we did have a problem and so we set up SMTP which solved the issue or so we thought.

Do you think you can check it now to see if there is anything wrong with the settings and why the emails would not be sent out?

Thank you.

• Vinod Dalvi
      • WP Unicorn

Hi @steve_tullius,

Thank you for granting us support staff access.

I checked your site and found you are using the WP SMTP plugin but i think it is not configured properly as i tested sending test email from its settings page but it didn't get sent.

Could you please try configuring it as following and use your gmail id credentials instead of lifeexpressions.co.nz email id, let me know how it works for you?

SMTP Host: smtp.gmail.com
      Type of Encription : SSL
      SMTP Port : 465
      SMTP Autentication : Yes

Regards,
      Vinod Dalvi

• ticadmin

Thank you Vinod. Yes, I believe the problem is that the client changed their gmail password without notifying me. I am confirming with them and will let you know.

However, I am having the same problem (emails not being sent to admin, service provider or client or logged) with another client. http://kocachiropractic.com/

We have WP SMTP installed and I have tested it successfully. However, emails are not being sent. I have just granted support access. Can you or someone please take a look into why it is not sending emails? Thank you.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hiya @steve_tullius,

Hope you're well today! :slight_smile:

I've just checked that other site and once I booked a test appointment and then moved it into confirmed, it sent the email correctly (Screenshot attached).

It won't send the email before it's confirmed, as you don't have the setting for sending a email if appointment requires confirmation set to yes. :slight_smile:

Any issues at all, we're here to help!

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• ticadmin

Hi Jack, thank you for your assistance.

Did you change the Auto Confirm setting? I had that set to Yes but it is now set to No. Also, the confirmation email message was changed somehow as well. Was the plugin updated or reset somehow?

I did receive your test appointment once you confirmed the appointment. I also changed the setting to Auto Confirm and I received the client confirmation email. However, no email was sent to the provider or the admin.

This is the essential piece I need for this to work for my client. Thank you for your assistance.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.