Embedded videos keep disapearing

The videos I embeb keep on disapearing from the text editor. Very big issue.

• Bojan Radonic

Hey there Peter,

Hope you're well today :slight_smile:

Since you've set CoursePress as a plugin in question I'm assuming that you're referring to visual/text editor in Units. If that's the case I've checked one of your courses (Grammatik Begynder Niveau) and in first unit you have a video embedded in Introduction are and I've tried switching between visual and text and didn't seem to find any issues.

Can you please add more details so I can better understand what happens with the videos when you use text editor.

Looking forward for your response :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Bojan

• Peter

after the update WP 4.5. I have been having problems with multiple chioce item og the text editor in units.
    After some days, the videos dissapear from the lessons, and when I go into the unit to se the texteditor then the Iframe and text are gone asweel. very strange. The reason to why you see no issues know is because I have reEmbeddeb the once more. Today was the second time, and the first time was right after the update wp 4.5.

It is like as if there is a connection between the multiple chioce issue that is somehow responsble for the missing embeddeb code. I think so, because whenever I have used the multiple choice and tryied to add a 3third choice, it is not able, and shortly after the issue with videos appeared.

regards

Pter

• Bojan Radonic

Hey again Peter,

I've been testing this on my sandbox site with embedding video and adding multiple choice but I couldn't recreate it, embed code and the video were staying properly there so this should be related to something else.

How often is this happening? How long ago was the first time this happened when you updated to WP 4.5?

Please let me know :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Bojan

• Bojan Radonic

Hey Peter,

Thanks for pointing this out, I've tested this on my sandbox site and I can recreate the issue. After investigating this further and discussing this with our developers it turns out that this is a capability issue.

Let me try to explain, for security reasons unfiltered_html is a capability that only Editor and above user roles are having, this capability is preventing instructors that have below Editor user role to embed iframe among other things. You can find more info about the capability in the link I posted above.

I've forwarded this to our developers so this will be most likely added in the future versions of the plugin.

Alternatively you can consider using Video element that is available in the Unit builder. This should prevent this from happening.

Aside from that to fix it now you can either grant Editor user role to all your instructors, or use plugins such as this one https://wordpress.org/plugins/user-role-editor/ to add unfiltered_html capability to your instructors. Keep in mind that granting this capability to instructors can allow them to potentially adding malicious code via content editor.

When using plugins such as user role editor I'd suggest backing up your site just in case something goes wrong.

Please let me know if this helps :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Bojan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.