Embedded White Label Videos Too Slow To Load

I embedded the Featured Image video on a Wordpress blog post and when I checked the page everything seemed to be working. The video player showed up fine. But the video was so excruciatingly slow to load I just gave up. With users who have a slower internet connection than I have that's going to be a problem.

Why are they so slow to load? How can I speed it up? I noticed when I recently went to get the videos there was no longer an option to download the video itself. Did I just miss the link this time, or has that feature been removed?

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya,

Okay first one, I'm pretty sure you've never been able to actually download the video - we only provide an embed code which streams from our server.

Can you let me know where in the world you are located, and what kind of connection (e.g. mobile, ADSL, fibre) you're on? It'd help if you could check your connection with speedtest.net and let us know what you get.

You can also try pinging our server to see how fast it is for you. Instructions are at http://www.wikihow.com/Ping-an-IP-Address and you just need to replace "IPaddress" with premium.wpmudev.org in that article.

Cheers
    Phil

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.