Embedding an external page in our website

Hello,

I've got no idea if you can help me with this request, but I'm going to try!

Basically, we're a charity and we're working with a digital marketing company on some online campaigns. As part of that, a data-capture landing page has been created using their app (called Big Top). This landing page ideally needs to be embedded in our website.

They've sent me some 'simple' instructions for how to do this, but it's all a foreign language to me!! I know I sound terribly stupid, but I just don't have the necessary technical know-how.

I'm aware this ticket will be publicly available, so I don't want to share the specific code they've supplied us with at this stage. But their basic instructions are:

1.Copy and paste the code below into a plain text file and save it as a html file e.g. index.html
2.Using an FTP client such as Filezilla, upload this html file to a directory on your web server with the path of your choosing
3.Your landing page should now be accessible at the address you uploaded the file to

Is this something WPMU can take care of for us? As I said, I don't know if our agreement with you covers this sort of thing, but I just had to ask the question.

No worries at all if it can't be done - we'll find another way around it!

Thanks so much for your time, sending all the best.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey Vicky,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

Let me break up their instructions a bit more so perhaps that will help you better understand this.

Step 1 - Use any text editor you want, for example Notepad on Windows or TextEdit on Mac, in that file paste the code they have gave you.
    When you go to save the file you should have an option to save it as .html extension and as they mentioned give it name as index.html for example.

Step 2 - You need to access your server where site files are stored, you can do this by using FTP client like FileZilla or cPanel.
    Then you need to upload your index.html file to the root folder of your site.

Step 3 - That should be it, if you now go to yourdomain.com/index.html in your browser you will see the rendered code from index.html file.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.