Embedding Q&A Plug Into Theme

Hello... I am very new to this site and I have installed the Q&A plug in and got it working. However, I am having a few issues:

1) The questions page doesn't seem to be integrated into the theme--it's on a page with its own formatting. How do I embed it into the theme? (See http://gamecultures.org/student/questions/roll-a-ball-why-arent-the-balls-getting-picked-up/).
2) In addition, when I am on the questions page and then try to edit my question it doesn't seem to be able to find that page and sends me back to the blog page
3) If in the question I click on the username "admin" on the far right, it brings me back to the question list, but there seems to be a problem with the lefthand navigation (see image).

Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Many thanks

• Milan

Hello @EmilyBelieve,

I hope you are having a good day and thanks for asking us.

Let's go for this bit by bit.

1) The questions page doesn't seem to be integrated into the theme--it's on a page with its own formatting. How do I embed it into the theme? (See http://gamecultures.org/student/questions/roll-a-ball-why-arent-the-balls-getting-picked-up/).

it seems like its using plugin'g default css to render question page. Please add below statement in your functions.php file of your current theme. If you are not sure where you can find your current theme, possible path will be /wp-content/themes/YourCurrentThemeSlug.

add_theme_support( 'qa_style' );

Above statement will try to disable default plugin css, let me know what you got with this.

Now second one.

2) In addition, when I am on the questions page and then try to edit my question it doesn't seem to be able to find that page and sends me back to the blog page

Dear member I can also replicate this issue on my sandbox site too. I've notified developer about this, Hopefully they will start their work soon on this one. Meantime I request you to be patient on this. I assure you that if there is some temporary fix or solution found by me or developer, I or developer will reply back to you on this thread for this issue.

3) If in the question I click on the username "admin" on the far right, it brings me back to the question list, but there seems to be a problem with the lefthand navigation (see image).

Dear member this seems more theme related issue as i was able to see author information page without any issue. Would you please grant me support staff access so that I can check in depth regarding your this issue ?. You can grant me support access via WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks & Kind Regards,
    Milan Savaliya.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello EmilyBelieve,

I hope you're well today!

The "theme/layout" issue has already been reported to the developer. The issue here is that the Q&A theme is using what we call "virtual pages" (so the pages that do not really exist in WP) and this kind of pages does not play wall with Upfront themes yet. I believe though this will be fixed soon.

As for using Q&A with other "regular" themes (3rd-party) it should pick up theme styles automatically and even if it lack some parts of layout it should be relatively easy to fix with some additional CSS with which I'll be more than happy to help you.

As for links. That's an issue that our developers are aware of and hopefully the fix should be included in future release but I'm not able to give you any ETA on this. There's however a patch that you may apply to your site. In order to do this, please follow this steps:

1. Download and extract a .zip file that I attached to this post
    2. Access your server via FTP
    3. Go to "/wp-content/plugins/qa/core/" folder
    4. Make a backup of "core.php" file
    5. Upload the "core.php" file that's inside the zip package attached to this post to the "/wp-content/plugins/qa/core/" folder on your server.

This should fix links issues.

Best regards,
    Adam