emergency: I am logged out of the dashboard because of defender

What concerns me is that even before I logged in, I was prevented from going to the contact page. I am very concerned his customers will experience the same thing.

• Denitsa

Hello Karen,
    I hope you're having a beautiful day!

What errors/messages are you exactly seeing when you get "logged out" of the dashboard and when you tried to view the contacts page?

You can temporarily disable Defender via FTP so you can login to your dashboard. This is done like so:
    1) Navigate to /wp-content/plugins/wp-defender
    2) Rename the directory to something else (i.e. wp-defender-disabled)
    3) You should now be able to login to WordPress, and you will receive a small error message indicating that the plugin failed to load.

You can also whitelist your IP from Defender's setting if you'd like by going to Defender -> IP Lockouts -> IP Blacklist and then type your IP in the Whitelist field. Don't forget to hit Update Settings afterwards. This way you won't be locked out in the future, but keep in mind that your website will be accessible from your IP at all times.

Also, how long you can't access your website depends on the Lockout Time in your Defender settings in IP Lockouts, either under the Login Protection tab or the 404 Detection tab.

Keep us posted!

Cheers,
    Denitsa