Enable ONLY a specific user type to CREATE Blogs (Paid)

Here is what I'm trying to do. I believe I need Supporter and Membership, but want to make sure I set up everything based on WPMU Best Practices.

1. Only Paid Subscriber Type 1 Can Create Blogs, they pay annually for their Blog Creation Account
2 Registered Members can create PROFILES, all profiles are created at the MULTI-SITE LEVEL. Individual blogs can not have registered members
3. All Members can create Profiles which provides VIEW/COMMENT LEVEL access to all blogs

Thanks in advance for your assistance. I love WPMU...what an awesome toolset

I found a related post; however, is this the best practice?
https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/pay-to-blog-create-new-blog-issue#post-58742

P2B - for P2B functionality - (Only to turn on/off Pay to Blog)
Subscriber for all other Subscriber Functionality? (Account Upgrades, Premium Pluggin Usage, etc)
Membership to create the multiple member types (Contributor, P2Blogger, FreeBlogger, Premium Account, etc)

Thank you!!!!

DavidM

Hi wyltgmm,

1. Only Paid Subscriber Type 1 Can Create Blogs, they pay annually for their Blog Creation Account

The latest version of Membership provides a Supporter integration option in the subscriptions setup (you can attached a Supporter subscription to a Membership subscription). With that, you could provide the Blog Creation rule to a paid membership level and attach that membership level to a subscription that includes the Supporter integration option.

2 Registered Members can create PROFILES, all profiles are created at the MULTI-SITE LEVEL. Individual blogs can not have registered members

By default, WordPress has limited profile functionality. You might want to take a look at the Avatars plugin for a some profile image capabilities though.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/avatars

If you wish to have extensive profile customization, you'll find no better than BuddyPress, which integrates perfectly well with Membership, Supporter and other plugins. Plus it provides a way to customize the registration as well.

3. All Members can create Profiles which provides VIEW/COMMENT LEVEL access to all blogs

I'm not sure exactly what you have in mind there but default user roles may suffice for that. Did you have specific commenting functionality you'd like to take into account?