Enabling Anti Splog Additional protection also for users signups.

I'm using the Anti-Splog plugin. It's workig fine to stop spam blogs creation. But I have hundreds of users signing up daily (without creating a blog). I would like to enable the Additional Signup Protection (capchta or admin questions) also for users signing without requiring a blog to be created. Actually the Additional Signup Protection is only present if a user asks also for a blog. I cannot find a way to enable it for both. How can I solve? Thanks!!!

• Ken Kimbrell
    • The Crimson Coder

Hello Ivan-

Are you using the default wordpress registration page? If not you can try going to Pro Sites > Settings > finding "Signup on Checkout" ensure the is un-checked.

Then download a captcha plugin like:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/captcha/

This will create a cpatcha on the front-end of the default wordpress registration page. You could then go to your Network Settings, and within the registration settings you can click that only logged in users may register new sites.

This would force the user to have to register first, and go through the added protection of the captcha to register. Then when they register a site, you will know an actual user is registering for the site and not spam. It may be the best route to go when allowing users to register free blogs.

Let me know how I can help!

Take Care,

Ken - WPMU DEV Support

• Ken Kimbrell
    • The Crimson Coder

Hello Ivan-

Could you please grant us temporary support access to your website so we can have a better look of your setup and settings? You can grant us access via WPMUDEV Dashboard plugin, there's no need to share credentials. Here's our detailed documentation page about it:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/
    #chapter-4

We'll wait for your confirmation reply here, as we don't get any notification when a member is granting us support access. We could then dig in and further investigate this!

Thank you for being the best part of WPMU DEV, and I hope you have a wonderful day :slight_smile:

Ken - WPMU DEV Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.