Enabling blog purchasers to resell same blog at a set price level

How do I accomplish the following scenario?

I would like to sell a blog to my members that enables them to sell the same blog to their personal referrals, and for those referrals to sell it to their referrals, and so on, and so on... at a price that I have predetermined/fixed within the system.

Within this predetermined blog with x,y,z plugins, sold at a fixed/unchangeable price, I want to, as the admin, sell to everyone's referrals (to infinity) an upgrade package that provides additional themes, plugins, etc. This will be how I monetize the system.

Recap: I let everyone sell my blog and anyone who buys it from anyone else can then in turn sell it, this can continue to infinite depth... Anyone who buys it can sell it and they receive 100% paid directly to their PayPal. I then have access to sell to all referrals to infnity an upgraded version, which is how I will monetize my blog.

Thank you for your help.

• digitsoft
    • The Crimson Coder

That's master resale rights...and kinda easy :wink:

1. Set up a store using MarketPress (MP): https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/e-commerce
    2. Create a digital product (no shipping, weight, etc..,) and make it a ZIP of your blog & files
    3. Anyone can buy it now and resell it

I'd also add the Affiliate plugin so others can get $$ for referring base product purchases.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wordpress-mu-affiliate

Missing piece? Well...the blog you're selling would be in a ZIP file. Inside that ZIP file would be a few other files:

File 1. Outline the rights buyers have such as this:
    Resale Rights - Yes
    Master Resale Rights - Yes
    Private Label Rights - No
    Giveaway Rights - Yes
    Offered as a Bonus - No
    Full Product Copyrights - No
    Full Graphic Copyrights - No
    May Modify Product - No
    Packaged with Other Products - Yes
    Added to Paid Membership Websites - Yes
    Added to Free Membership Websites - No
    May Publish Offline - Yes
    May Sell on Auction Websites - Yes
    May Translate Into Other Languages - No
    Must Include All Files Unmodified When Selling - Yes

File 2. PDF - this PDF would have your upsell pitch and a link to your sales page

File 3. Blog - I'd make the default page shown a WP page instead of the posts and have it be a copy of your sales page that the link in your PDF took people to for an upgrade.

• orionprofits
    • New Recruit

Wow. Thanks. Sounds great.

Will what you explained above manage these following items?

When they buy the site is it in a ZIP or can it be live and ready to use?

If it's live and the purchaser can easily add their PayPal info in order to turn around and sell it to another, then that is what I need.

There would be a "buy now" button prominently displayed on every turnkey blog and it would link to a sales page that would sell the blog to their viewers. I would include the pre-designed sales page as a part of every system. They would get 100% of the sale/profit.

In addition, within the owners control area I could have an upgrade button that would lead to a sales page that would sell the owner of the blog the additional plugins and design templates.

CAN YOU RECOMMEND A DEVELOPER?
    Could you recommend someone I could hire to do this for me? I can do all the creatives, sales copy, etc... but it would be great to have someone do the programming for me.

• digitsoft
    • The Crimson Coder

1. Live? Yes - just backup the blog and db in a format that someone can import using a plugin like this:
    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/xcloner-backup-and-restore/ OR you can zip the blog folder and include the database backup (there are some steps to restore it to other accounts)

2. The purchaser would need their own website OR you could run a WP multi-site and let them sell it there and charge them for it

3. The blogs that someone would buy and install could be set to a default page in the blog that's a sales page (mentioned before).

Your best bet for all of this is to post a job here and clearly outline what you want:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/

All of this is possible...I've been marketing online for 12 yrs :wink: Have a clear picture of what you want, outline it, spend a little money, and you're running.

• orionprofits
    • New Recruit

Yes. I would want to run it on a WP multi-site. Essentially the site would be a replicated version that could be bought and resold by the purchaser to the next person.

With that info, do you have any last thoughts or suggestions?

I will post job at link you provided. Thanks!

• digitsoft
    • The Crimson Coder

What you're selling is a single blog - not an MU install, but you could do upsells to have them run their sales page on your MU install for $x/mo.

Last thoughts - keep it simple and don't get hung up on too many details - just get something out the door in the next 1-2 weeks or you could be at the same place in 60 days :wink: Oh yeah..pay people for what you don't know and just run it like a biz...

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

Ya the best option is using an affiliate plugin like the one mentioned. They couldn't resell the blog as such, but they could get commission on the referrals they send you.

If you are using WHMCS and our plugin which integrates it then they have an inbuilt Affiliate system which is real cool. our Provisioning plugin will also be integrating with Pro Sites in an up and coming version. :slight_smile:

WHMCS Provisioning:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/whmcs-multisite-provisioning

And Pro Sites for levels offering themes, plugins and features:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/pro-sites

Take care.
    Tim.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.