Enabling 'Log-in' on my website

So, I'm following the manual and the very helpful videos posted by Mark, one of your users but I can't see anywhere how to set up the log-in fields on my webpage. I have the WP 'subscribe' button enabled on my blog page but I'd like for people to subscribe to different levels using Membership. I disabled the 'Anyone can register' option under the WP general settings as instructed in one of the videos but that didn't seem to change anything.

Question: How do I place a subscriptions area in specific pages (side bar or something) or on a page?

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

HI there, just let the plugin create the registartion page for you or use the subcription short code in the documentaion on a page you create yourself.

What you can do is create a sales page and have a link to the individual subscirption types for them to sign up.

Cheers
    Tom

• MSanchez
    • Flash Drive

Thanks for the quick reply. I think what I need is two things...

1) One is a way to place a 'sign up' or 'register' or 'subscribe' type area in specific part of my page. Is that what I would use a shortcode for?

2) For those who have already subscribed/register, there should be a way for them to either log-in again or be logged in automatically correct? Where do I set that up? Is there a way to have them log-in using their facebook or twitter or linkedin permissions?

Thanks!

• MSanchez
    • Flash Drive

Tom, if they use the standard WP login, I'm afraid they might think they are creating a WP account instead of an account to my website. Is there a way to create a branded login like the one shown in the screen shot? Is that what the shortcodes are for? If so, where in the manual is there instruction on how to create this type of short code...I can't find it.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.