Enabling post voting on /marketplace page.

Hi Guys. Currently have my homepage with the shortcode [mp_list_global_products] so everyone's shops products display. http://www.booteeki.com - My question is i have the plugin working (without styling) on the products page etc although i am hoping there is a way i can get the voting system to display within the products on the homepage. I would like to put the plugin between the Post description and buy button (or i will replace the button for these).

Thanks!

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @lee, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

Hmm... this might take a fair amount of coding to implement, but I'd like to call in our SLS guys on this one to offer their opinion, as they're more talented in this realm of coding.

They've got more of their plate though, so this ticket may take longer than usual.

Cheers,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @lee,

I dont 'need' to although i would prefer the people browsing to be able to upvote/downvote without having to click into the add itself.

So while having people vote on products individually would work, you'd prefer to give them the ability to vote on a product from the global products listing (generated from the [mp_list_global_products] shortcode you placed on the homepage), correct?

Just wanting to make sure that we understand your request here. :slight_smile:

Please advise,
    Michael

• lee
      • Flash Drive

Hi there,

Thanks for getting back to me.

This is correct. So when its sorted a person can 'upvote' a product without having to drill into the product itself.

It would be nice to have it in both 'global_products' and the product page too; if i am reading your reply correct. Again this is not something i 'need' so if its too much to do. This is fine.

Thanks.

• lee
      • Flash Drive

Hi there thanks for that. I have added this to the functions although nothing has changed. Do i need to add any additional coding ? Or add any shortcodes? I tried to add [wdpv_vote] next to [mp_list_global_products] but this just showed one vote. Sorry to be a pain.

Thanks!

• Hoang Ngo
    • Code Slayer

Hi @lee,

No worries :slight_smile:, we always here to assist you. Obs!!!!, sorry, this was my fault. The full code is

add_filter('mp_product_list_content', 'append_vote_widget', 10, 2);
    function append_vote_widget($excerpt, $post_id)
    {
        return $excerpt . do_shortcode('[wdpv_vote]');
    }

Sorry again :slight_frown:, can you please try this code and let us update?

Best regards,
    Hoang Ngo

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi there @lee

Excellent news! Thanks for confirming that the code provided by @Hoang Ngo works for you. :slight_smile:

As for the points, you may want to keep them to reward other members for their input, or save them to get your free lifetime membership:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/earn-your-wpmudev-membership/

For staff, clicking on either the Helpful or Not helpful links helps us to improve the support we can offer you by letting us know where our strengths and weaknesses are (and you can comment on the support received too when you do that).

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.