Enabling the Pro Sites Premium Plugins is causing items on the template site used to be removed.

Enabling the Pro Sites Premium Plugins is causing items on the template site used to be removed.
We are using the latest versions of the Prosites Plugin and the Blog Template.
When we enable the Premium Plugins feature that is part of Prosites it causing items on the template site used to be removed. And these items are also not showing up on the new site. For example, we have the Surveys Plugin and GRAND Flash Album Gallery Plugin enabled on the template with Questions in the Survey and a Gallery with pictures in the template. We selected these items in the blog template to be copied in the advanced settings of the blog template, then without the Premium Plugins option enabled the new site created from the template is created as expected, including the gallery and survey into the new site complete with the survey questions and gallery images.
However, when we enable the Premium Plugins feature and create a new site the Survey Questions and the gallery pictures disappear in the template and are not crated in the new site either. We have verified that we have the Surveys Plugin and GRAND Flash Album Gallery Plugins both set to “Anyone” and even “Auto Activate” in the Premium Plugins area.
We also tried just deselecting the “Auto Activate” item next to the GRAND Flash Album Gallery Plugin, however, then we received the following error message when attempting to create a new site.
“Insertion Error: Table 'wordpress.svwp_prod2_139_flag_album' doesn't exist - The template was not applied. (New Blog Templates - With CREATE TABLE query for Additional Tables).”
It is almost like the Premium Plugins is not working well with the blog template plugin and it is getting confused on what to insert / modify and for which blog ID, i.e. deleting the source blog information rather than inserting it into the destination blog. BTW, after this error occurs, we can no longer create ANY new blogs, so this is really breaking our multisite installation so this has now become a MAJOR issue for us.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @jbsv1

I hope you are well today and I'm sorry to hear of the issues your having with both plugins conflicting,

From your description, the tables in the database are created correctly when the premium plugins module isn't used in pro sites, but as soon as that is enabled, the tables aren't created and it's not assigning the correct ID's.

Do you have an error log on your hosting at all? If so could you paste here please (or on paste bin, if it's quite large). Are you using anything like caching plugins, security plugins, Database management plugins, anything at all like that?

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• jbsv1
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

We have been doing research into this issue pretty much all day and we are able to replicate this in multiple environments consistently.
    Using the Pro Site Premium Plugin it removes items from the blog template site however not completely. i.e. If you go to add a gallery, or survey again on the template site, it forces you to start with the next series, i.e. [flagallery gid=1 name=Gallery] cannot be created again, you will instead not have [flagallery gid=2 name=Gallery even though there is no existing gallery listed. For surveys, where you originally had a survey that was [survey 1] it now makes [survey 2] even though there is no existing survey listed.
    We have determined that the issue occurs when we select the “Auto Activate” feature. Not great to find out after the fact. We would like to be able to configure this so that it would not reset certain sites such as templates. However, we can work around this by simply enabling the items on the template and providing a limited trial.
    The question that we have is will Pro Sites auto disable a plugin that was not Auto Activated by Prosites?

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @jbsv1

I hope you are well today, very sorry for the delay with my reply, I somehow missed your reply.

Thank you for the additional information, is it doing this with just the plugins you mentioned or other plugins as well?

The question that we have is will Pro Sites auto disable a plugin that was not Auto Activated by Prosites?

No Pro Sites will not automatically disable a plugin even if it wasn't automatically activated by Pro Sites.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member and again sorry for the delay.

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.