enabling user registration and log in. Setting up ONE marketplace with MULTIPLE vendors.

1. i would like to know how to set up user registration and login for my site.

2. i would like to know how to go about setting up ONE MARKETPLACE in which the registered users can upload digital files for sale. let be be clear, i do not want the users to have multiple sites stemming from my marketpress site. i want them to register and then upload their products into ONE large marketplace from which i can take commission from the sale of the digital products they uploaded.

3. is paypal chained payments the only gateway that i can use to take commission, or is there another gateway to use? If so is it more user friendly?

• Michael Bissett

Hey @tucker, hope you're doing well this evening! :slight_smile:

For what you're looking to do, it sounds like you'll need a combination of the Easy Digital Downloads plugin, and the Commissions & PayPal Adaptive Payments add-ons, as MarketPress is presently designed to allow multiple vendors in a Multisite environment only.

When you say:

i would like to know how to set up user registration and login for my site.

What did you have in mind? How were you wanting this to be set up?

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• tucker

basically if i go the multisite route, the only functionality i would like the users to have in their subsites is the ability to add a product using my preset product categories, and to set up their paypal account so that i can use chained payments to collect commission.

is that possible?

if it is, my site is set up with product categories as the pages on my site, would i just add in a the list global product short code in my menu set up so that their products show up on my site or what?

i dont know if i can get any clearer on this but i can try if i need to

• be

I'll just chime in till staff get back
    But the short answer is YES.
    The more complex answer is there are a few steps.'

I use a combination including
    Custompress &
    New Blog Templates to enforce data across sites.

IMHO...
    In the suggested setup above.
    Major PROS for marketpress.
    Chained payments
    Major CONS
    Cannot bundle/license or multiple sliding price products (some of us have been waiting years for this.. :slight_smile:

Easy Digital does all these things out of the box..

• Ash

Hello @tucker

Yes, it is possible, @be showed a way (thanks for chiming in).

What you need to do is to create a site with the categories you want your users to use. Then you need to use NBT to create a template with that site and let your users choose a template while creating a site. That's how all the new users will get those categories automatically.

Now, you may need some custom code to disable capability of adding more categories for the site admins.

About the gateway, if you go to Network Admin > Settings > Marketpress and select YES for Enable Global shopping cart you will see the only option for chained payment :slight_smile:

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.