eNewsletter "CHEATIN’ UH? YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED..."

Earlier today I set up the eNewsletter plugin. I finished setting up outgoing and bounce emails then went to create a newsletter. When the newsletter editor opened I could see the default template to the right, when I selected a different template from included templates I received the ""CHEATIN’ UH? YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED..." message.
After closing that window and restarting I realized things were not getting better. Next, I opened my site page and got white screen with a "-1" in upper left corner. I soon realized I could not get into my admin area again or my site( or sub-sites, this is a multisite). I had to go into cpanel and delete the eNewsletter plugin.
Now I can get back into my site and it looks like everything is ok. I am going to do some testing locally to see whats happening but wanted to pass it along.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Michael,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your post.

That's a valuable information for us. I understand that you are going to run some more tests so I would highly appreciate if you could update this thread with result of these tests once you are done with them. That would be very helpful.

It would be also great if you could tell me more about your site's configuration: especially what theme(s) are you using and what other plugins are enabled at the same time. I would then try to replicate that on my own test setup.

Looking forward for your replay,
    Adam

• Michael

Round two.
    1. I started with a fresh WordPress install.
    2. I installed my theme(FlatHost WordPress Hosting Theme + WHMCS).
    3. I installed the following plugins:
    a. Envato WordPress Toolkit: required for automatic theme updates, etc.
    b. Maintenance & Maintenance Pro: Maintenance page(free & paid version)
    c. Page Duplicator
    d. WPMU DEV Dashboard

Everything was fine to this point.

4. I installed Hustle

This is when I experienced an HTTP ERROR 500 error, this time around and the other day on a different install using the same theme. I typically have 20+ plugins running with this theme with no issues, so I don't feel like that's the issue.

5. I removed Hustle and reloaded just fine.

My goal is to combine subscribe by email, enewsletter, and hustle with the hopes of doing away with services like mailchimp. To be able to use as many WPMU plugins on my sites would be wonderful, hopping from author to author is time-consuming and usually ends up costing me money.

Hope this helps you guys understand my environment, and possibly helps find a solution or mistake i have made. Thanks

• Dimitris

Hey there Michael,

I trust you're doing good today and don't mind me jumping in here!

4. I installed Hustle
    This is when I experienced an HTTP ERROR 500 error, this time around and the other day on a different install using the same theme. I typically have 20+ plugins running with this theme with no issues, so I don't feel like that's the issue.

In order to get to the bottom of it we should use some debug info to see what's causing this error code -500-. To do so, simply edit your wp-config.php file, find a line like
    define('WP_DEBUG', false);
    and replace it with

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    // Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
    // Disable display of errors and warnings
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    @ini_set('display_errors', 0);

(if you can't locate the above line, simply add the snippet above the /*That's all! Stop editing... */ comment)
    Then try to reproduce the 500 error by activating Hustle in order to generate the /wp-content/debug.log file. Download it, rename it to debug.txt and attach it here to your next reply.

My goal is to combine subscribe by email, enewsletter, and hustle with the hopes of doing away with services like mailchimp. To be able to use as many WPMU plugins on my sites would be wonderful, hopping from author to author is time-consuming and usually ends up costing me money.

Hustle plugin can only integrate with these services at the moment (as can be seen in https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/hustle/#product-details):
    AWeber
    CampaignMonitor
    MailChimp
    Constant Contact
    GetResponse
    Sendy

Of course there's a long list with featured requests considering other services, just like our own e-Newsletter plugin, but I can't give you an ETA for any of those. I can ensure you though that they're going to be consistent Hustle updates implementing compatibility with more and more services!

As you don't want to use any 3rd party email campaign service though, you can make use of our e-Newsletter plugin (through the shortcode it provides) inside a PopUp Pro window. :wink:

Hope that was some help,
    Dimitris

• Michael

Thanks for your direction here, I have attached the debug.log doc along with the file mentioned in the debug report.
    I also attached the plugin files causing this error along with its main plugin files(maintenance pro & maintenance), in case you wanted to look at those as well.
    I then disabled campaignmonitor file located in 'wp-content/plugins/maintenance-pro/includes/campaignmonitor/ '
    Thanks to your help I found the issue in 2 minutes. Being a novice when it comes to debugging I'm not sure how to correct the error or if I even need this file, as everything I use with this plugin is functioning correctly after I disable 'campaignmonitor'.

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Michael,

Based on debug log it's definitely related to your maintenance plugin, however we don't allow theme/plugin files to be attached here because of security reasons, so could you upload entire plugin to any file sharing service like dropbox and send us download link using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ and the template below:

IMPORTANT: Make sure you select "I have a different question" for your topic so it doesn't go back to forums - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Subject: "Attn: Predrag Dubajic"
    - Download url
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant urls

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Michael,

Thanks for sending those files, I did some testing on my installation with those installed but the error doesn't pop up for me.

It could be some specific plugin setting causing this and I tried poking around them a bit but no luck, still works fine for me.
    Could you grant support access to your site again so I could compare the settings from our installations and see what I might be missing.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.