enewsletter - How do I set up to send daily email automatically from one or more of my rss feed

I want to send a daily email of items in one of my category rss feeds. This plugin does not seem to have that capability.

My question is...

Am I screwed?

• Timothy Bowers

Hey there,

Thanks for your question.

eNewsletter won't send from RSS feeds. Sorry.

Is it a custom post type you're wanting to send from?

By that I mean posts on your WordPress install, if so then perhaps our Subscribe by Email might work:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/subscribe-by-email/

This will send daily and weekly digests of new posts on your website, this includes custom post types.

Take care.

• Timothy Bowers

Hey.

I'm sorry to hear that.

You oversold the eNewsletter plugin. It's weak. I got suckered by slick marketing. Shame on me.

I'm unable to find where we oversold and advertised this feature for this plugin, could you please let me know where we advertise this so I can have it corrected.

I'm unable to even find a mention about RSS feeds.

Thank you for your feedback, I look forward to getting this corrected.

I was unable to see any support threads for any past issues with Pop Up so I was unable to comment on compatibility. Sorry. Do you have a link for that?

Have a great day.

• drstool

Yup, my fault.

I just assumed that it would handle automatic sends. You didn't say that it did. I assumed it, seduced by the pretty webpages and slick sales pitches. You guys are good.

But the product is garbage. Take a look at MailPoet, which is free up to 2000 subscribers. Far superior program that does everything a mailing list program should do. So far, I'm happy with it. It does both individual custom emails, and automatic sends of new posts by chosen category. That's what I expected of eNewsletter, but because I could not try it before I bought it, I could not determine that in advance.

That's life. You win some you lose some. You won 19 bucks. Congratulations. I'll be a lot more suspicious the next time something looks good on your slick website. If I find something I need or think I can use, I will ask questions first.

• Timothy Bowers

Ahh, I gotcha.

For a moment then I thought one of our docs writers got a little giddy and went wild on the specs. :slight_smile:

But the product is garbage. Take a look at MailPoet, which is free up to 2000 subscribers.

I guess that's just a matter of a opinion, it's one of our more popular plugins and members seem to love it. Sure, sometimes it doesn't meet someones expectations, and it's missing something they need but overall considering the number of active installs it seems to be doing pretty well. :slight_smile:

If you have any questions about any of our plugins you can ask in pre-sales, we have a number of guys working there to provide answer to any questions you have. Hopefully this will save confusion in the future.

Well you don't have to lose here, let me move your purchase over to another plugin. Just let me know which one and I'll get it sorted for you. I think that's a fair solution?

In fact just fill in the contact form here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a pre-sales question" Or "I have another question" point to this thread and state the plugin you'd like to move to.

I'm about to log off shortly (2am here and our new born twins will be screaming for food shortly) so that should get you a quicker response.

Obviously I'd rather you be happy with our service so hopefully a different plugin will turn this experience around for you. :slight_smile:

I'm gonna mark this thread resolved now as we don't need it any further. But if you do, just reopen it. :slight_smile:

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.