Enewsletter just makes the user show a unsubscribed upon signup and no email is sent out to confirm

Hi,

Please see the attached...

Enewsletter just makes the user show a unsubscribed upon signing up and no email is sent out to confirm etc.

How can this be fixed? It was sending fine before.

Greg

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @Greg,

Thanks for posting on the forum.

In your shared screenshot the unsubscribed is displayed for the member groups which describes that the user is not subscribed to that group.

Enewsletter just makes the user show a unsubscribed upon signing up

Do you mean on signing up for enewsletter subscription or on signing up/registering on your site?

I have tested it on my test site and found it's working fine as displayed in the attached screenshots.

Make sure you have set the enewsletter option "Double Opt In:" and "Default Groups:" in the newsletter settings as displayed in the attached screenshot which If enabled, members will get confirmation email to subscribe to newsletters (only for not registered users).

Would you mind if I logged in to your site and did some testing? This might help get to the bottom of this faster. If this is ok, just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings as described on the following page and reply on this thread after granting it?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Greg

@Vinod Dalvi

Thanks for the response...this is specifically for ENewsletter plugin.

Well, upon subscribing it use to read, "awaiting for confirmation" and then when you user clicked confirm it would confirm them and they would be a member.

Now it reads, "unsubscribed" though and on top of that the user is not receiving the usually email confirmation and I (as admin) do not receive a notice of the subscriber as it use to either (even though it shows after they hit subscribe that a email was sent to them)...not in junk or spam either....double optin has always been checked too...

Other emails from the website work fine (like the subscribe to posts plugin etc). I have also checked to be sure the smtp sends a successful test message to me and it does to that ok fyi.

Support Access was granted...

:slight_smile:

• joan_donogh

I am having the same concern - upon signup the member shows as "unsubscribed". I have just installed the plugin and I signed up with 2 different email addresses. One I confirmed and the other I did not confirm. The unconfirmed one showed as "Unsubscribed". I am using double opt-in and I would expect it to show "Unconfirmed" rather than "Unsubscribed"

As I have just installed the plugin I have not had anyone unsubscribe yet and I am wondering if there is a way to tell the difference between someone who has in fact unsubscribed and someone who has not confirmed?

• Ash

Hello @joan_donogh

I hope you are well today.

I am sorry for the delay in your thread. Yes, I can see the same as you described.

Well, there is two states now: Subscribed or Unsubscribed. Unsubscribed are those who didn't confirm yet. There should not be any email address that didn't receive any confirmation email.

But yes, I am also agree with you. The text "Awaiting for confirmation" sounds better in this scenario.

I am marking this as a feature request :slight_smile:

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.