eNewsletter menu for main site appears in multisite admin menu

Hello,

I switched my website to a multisite installation and I noticed something strange about e-newsletter.
My original website had e-newsletter installed.
Now, the e-newsletter menu for the main site of the network (the original web site) appears in two differente menus:
- The admin menu of the first site of the network, and this is correct
- The network admin menu, and this is completely strange

Can you help me understand what happened ? And how can I make the menu disappear ?

Thanks for help

Antonio

• Sajid

Hi Antonio,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

That is not a bug but intended behavior of eNewsletter plugin. Since you are able to send the newsletter to all admins of your network.

If you don't want this feature then let me know and I will try to come up with code based solution to hide the eNewsletter from network menu bar.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Sajid

• Antonio

Hello Said,

thank you for your answer.

Yes, I definitely need to remove the eNewsletter menu from the menu bar, so please, if you can send to me a code-based solution it would be very appreciated.

By the way, I understand that the network admin would want to send a newsletter to all the admins of the network, but in many scenarios such newsletters are different from the one present in the main site of the network.

In my case in the main site of the network I have a few newsletters with real customers, and they must be managed by the site admin and not by the network admin.
    I hope it makes sense

So, if this is not considered a bug at least there should be an option to let the network admin to manage the newsletters of the main site or not.

Looking forward to hear from you

Kind regards

Antonio

• Sajid

Hi Antonio,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Here is the code as promised, that can be used as mu-plugin, to remove the eNewsletter menu from network dashboard.

<?php
    function wpmu_dev_remove_menus(){

remove_menu_page( 'newsletters-dashboard' );

}
    add_action( 'network_admin_menu', 'wpmu_dev_remove_menus', 999 );

Alternatively you can also use a plugin like adminimize to hide remove menu items and other stuff from admin screen fro all users or for certain user types.
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/adminimize/

I can understand the scenario and will pass along the suggestion to our developer and hopefully they will find a way to manage it.

Thanks and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.