eNewsletter not sending to all subscribers - page time out error

Hi there.

I noticed with my last to newsletters that not all my subscribers are listed. Been using the plugin for years and this is the first time this started happening now.

1. I create the newsletter.
2. Select the option to "Send out by Cron" and after a short while get a "page timeout" request.

When going back, I noticed that not all the subscribers numbers are different - couple hundred less.

Current PHP version: 5.6
max_execution_time 240 but increased now to 600
max_input_time -1
memory_limit 128m (Max)

Thanks.
EZ

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey EZ,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

When sending newsletter it will only send to subscribed users, you have 128 unsubscribed users and that's the difference in number of all subscribers and the ones newsletter is sent to.

Does the page timeout issue happens with each email or just a specific ones?
    Do you remember when did this started to happen, did you had any updates or new plugins installed around that time etc?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Ez

Hi there and thanks for the quick response to us.

-My subscribers on the moment is about 10587 members
    -I noticed that the previous email only send to 9051 members, about 1500 less. (Only noticed this today, but remember that I also got the time-out error when I done this)
    -Currently with todays newsletter my stats say: Waiting send (cron) 8313, but I have 10587 members and had the same error as the previous one.

It seems like when I selected the option to send with the "cron" it only created newsletter for the first 8313 members, not the balance. Same as in the previous newsletter.

EZ

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Ez!

I wouldn't want to try to "mess" with your site now as it's a live site but I can see that the CRON is set to send unlimited e-mails at once. Have you tried to limit it batch amount of e-mails? I realize it's a bit counter-intuitive but the "time out" error in relation to an amount of e-mails being sent each time makes me thing that this is worth getting tried.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Ez

Hi there.

I'm sending through "sendgrid" - API, so I don't think this makes a difference, but limited it as requested.

The error is created when creating the email list, not with sending the emails.

Once finished with your newsletter, you have two options to start creating the mail list.

"Send newsletter now" or "Send in background by cron"

Process:
    1. Create email list (Error occurs here)
    2. Sending through Cron

Problem is that is created about 2000 newsletters less. I run the "Send in background by cron" option again, but marked the "Dont resend to people that had this newsletter set to" and it added another "20" of the missing emails to the mailing list after giving the error.

Newsletter is suppose to go to all subscribers + active members of the site.

EZ

• Ez

Hi there.

I do not even get to the message. Pages through an error after a while.

When I go back and refresh the page, it shows that some was added.

I managed to get everything created, with the method I mentioned before. (keep on request to send the mail batch, but also have the option ticket, not to send it the the same users again). I also tried sending one category at a time and noticed that I always get the error with the biggest newsletter category, dated 2015.

-I have disabled other plugins to check a conflict, still same issue.
    -I have increased the PHP time as previously mentioned.

This was always working before, not sure why it is now suddenly a issue.

Any other ideas?
    Ez

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Ez!

I think we should check WP debugging output now. Could you please enable WP debugging engine? To do this add following lines to the "wp-config.php" file of your site:

define('WP_DEBUG',true);
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG',true);
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY',false);

These lines should be placed above the "/* That's all, stop editing... " line in a file. After the next newsletter send please download the "/wp-content/debug.log" file from your server, rename it to "debug.txt" and attach to your replay here. You may though need to edit the file first and strip some sensitive data (such as db credentials etc) if there are any.

Hopefully this will give us a clue on what's going wrong there.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Ez

Hi there and thanks for the response again.

First i enabled debug mode and got the following errors:
    Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in xxxxxxxxx/public_html/wp-content/plugins/e-newsletter/email-newsletter-files/builder/class.builder.php on line 368

Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in VMenuWidget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    instead. in xxxxxxxxx/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3718

Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in LoginWidget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    instead. in xxxxxxxxx/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3718

Notice: wp_deregister_script was called incorrectly. Do not deregister the jquery script in the administration area. To target the front-end theme, use the wp_enqueue_scripts hook. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.6.) in xxxxxxxxx/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3897

Below is the result as requested:

[15-Jul-2016 06:08:49 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in xxxxxxxxx/wp-content/plugins/e-newsletter/email-newsletter-files/builder/class.builder.php on line 368
    [15-Jul-2016 06:08:49 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in VMenuWidget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use

__construct()
    instead. in xxxxxxxxx/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3718
    [15-Jul-2016 06:08:49 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in LoginWidget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [15-Jul-2016 06:08:49 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in xxxxxxxxx/wp-content/plugins/e-newsletter/email-newsletter-files/builder/class.builder.php on line 368
    [15-Jul-2016 06:08:49 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in VMenuWidget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [15-Jul-2016 06:08:49 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in LoginWidget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [15-Jul-2016 06:08:51 UTC] PHP Notice: add_object_page is deprecated since version 4.5! Use add_menu_page() instead. in xxxxxxxxx/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3658
    [15-Jul-2016 06:08:53 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in xxxxxxxxx/wp-content/plugins/e-newsletter/email-newsletter-files/builder/class.builder.php on line 368
    [15-Jul-2016 06:08:53 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in VMenuWidget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [15-Jul-2016 06:08:53 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in LoginWidget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [15-Jul-2016 06:08:57 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in xxxxxxxxx/wp-content/plugins/e-newsletter/email-newsletter-files/builder/class.builder.php on line 368
    [15-Jul-2016 06:08:57 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in VMenuWidget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [15-Jul-2016 06:08:57 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in LoginWidget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [15-Jul-2016 06:08:59 UTC] PHP Notice: add_object_page is deprecated since version 4.5! Use add_menu_page() instead. in xxxxxxxxx/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3658
    [15-Jul-2016 06:09:16 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in xxxxxxxxx/wp-content/plugins/e-newsletter/email-newsletter-files/builder/class.builder.php on line 21
    [15-Jul-2016 06:09:16 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in xxxxxxxxx/wp-content/plugins/e-newsletter/email-newsletter-files/builder/class.builder.php on line 22
    [15-Jul-2016 06:09:16 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in xxxxxxxxx/wp-content/plugins/e-newsletter/email-newsletter-files/builder/class.builder.php on line 21
    [15-Jul-2016 06:09:16 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in xxxxxxxxx/wp-content/plugins/e-newsletter/email-newsletter-files/builder/class.builder.php on line 22
    [15-Jul-2016 06:09:16 UTC] PHP Notice: WP_Customize_Manager::remove_panel was called incorrectly. Removing widgets manually will cause PHP warnings. Use the customize_loaded_components filter instead. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 4.5.) in xxxxxxxxx/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3897
    [15-Jul-2016 06:09:17 UTC] PHP Notice: add_object_page is deprecated since version 4.5! Use add_menu_page() instead. in xxxxxxxxx/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3658
    [15-Jul-2016 06:09:17 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in xxxxxxxxx/wp-includes/class-wp-customize-widgets.php on line 773
    [15-Jul-2016 06:09:19 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in xxxxxxxxx/wp-content/plugins/e-newsletter/email-newsletter-files/builder/class.builder.php on line 368
    [15-Jul-2016 06:09:19 UTC] PHP Notice: WP_Customize_Manager::remove_panel was called incorrectly. Removing widgets manually will cause PHP warnings. Use the customize_loaded_components filter instead. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 4.5.) in xxxxxxxxx/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3897
    [15-Jul-2016 06:09:20 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in xxxxxxxxx/wp-content/plugins/e-newsletter/email-newsletter-files/builder/class.builder.php on line 368
    [15-Jul-2016 06:09:20 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in VMenuWidget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [15-Jul-2016 06:09:20 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in LoginWidget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [15-Jul-2016 06:09:24 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in xxxxxxxxx/wp-content/plugins/e-newsletter/email-newsletter-files/builder/class.builder.php on line 21
    [15-Jul-2016 06:09:24 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in xxxxxxxxx/wp-content/plugins/e-newsletter/email-newsletter-files/builder/class.builder.php on line 22
    [15-Jul-2016 06:09:24 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in VMenuWidget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [15-Jul-2016 06:09:24 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in LoginWidget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [15-Jul-2016 06:09:25 UTC] PHP Notice: add_object_page is deprecated since version 4.5! Use add_menu_page() instead. in xxxxxxxxx/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3658
    [15-Jul-2016 06:09:37 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in xxxxxxxxx/wp-content/plugins/e-newsletter/email-newsletter-files/builder/class.builder.php on line 21
    [15-Jul-2016 06:09:37 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in xxxxxxxxx/wp-content/plugins/e-newsletter/email-newsletter-files/builder/class.builder.php on line 22
    [15-Jul-2016 06:09:37 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in VMenuWidget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [15-Jul-2016 06:09:37 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in LoginWidget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [15-Jul-2016 06:09:38 UTC] PHP Notice: add_object_page is deprecated since version 4.5! Use add_menu_page() instead. in xxxxxxxxx/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3658
    [15-Jul-2016 06:10:29 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in xxxxxxxxx/wp-content/plugins/e-newsletter/email-newsletter-files/builder/class.builder.php on line 368
    [15-Jul-2016 06:10:29 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in VMenuWidget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [15-Jul-2016 06:10:29 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in LoginWidget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [15-Jul-2016 06:10:29 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in xxxxxxxxx/wp-content/plugins/e-newsletter/email-newsletter-files/builder/class.builder.php on line 368
    [15-Jul-2016 06:10:29 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in VMenuWidget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [15-Jul-2016 06:10:29 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in LoginWidget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [15-Jul-2016 06:11:29 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in xxxxxxxxx/wp-content/plugins/e-newsletter/email-newsletter-files/builder/class.builder.php on line 368
    [15-Jul-2016 06:11:29 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in VMenuWidget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [15-Jul-2016 06:11:29 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in LoginWidget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [15-Jul-2016 06:12:29 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in xxxxxxxxx/wp-content/plugins/e-newsletter/email-newsletter-files/builder/class.builder.php on line 368
    [15-Jul-2016 06:12:29 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in VMenuWidget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [15-Jul-2016 06:12:29 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in LoginWidget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [15-Jul-2016 06:12:29 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in xxxxxxxxx/wp-content/plugins/e-newsletter/email-newsletter-files/builder/class.builder.php on line 368
    [15-Jul-2016 06:12:29 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in VMenuWidget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [15-Jul-2016 06:12:29 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in LoginWidget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [15-Jul-2016 06:14:30 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in xxxxxxxxx/wp-content/plugins/e-newsletter/email-newsletter-files/builder/class.builder.php on line 368
    [15-Jul-2016 06:14:30 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in VMenuWidget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [15-Jul-2016 06:14:30 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in LoginWidget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [15-Jul-2016 06:14:30 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in xxxxxxxxx/wp-content/plugins/e-newsletter/email-newsletter-files/builder/class.builder.php on line 368
    [15-Jul-2016 06:14:30 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in VMenuWidget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [15-Jul-2016 06:14:30 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in LoginWidget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [15-Jul-2016 06:14:38 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in xxxxxxxxx/wp-content/plugins/e-newsletter/email-newsletter-files/builder/class.builder.php on line 368
    [15-Jul-2016 06:14:38 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in VMenuWidget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [15-Jul-2016 06:14:38 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in LoginWidget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [15-Jul-2016 06:15:02 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in xxxxxxxxx/wp-content/plugins/e-newsletter/email-newsletter-files/builder/class.builder.php on line 368
    [15-Jul-2016 06:15:02 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in VMenuWidget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [15-Jul-2016 06:15:02 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in LoginWidget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()

Does this help?

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi EZ,

Looks like there are only notices there, those would not affect your site functionality in this way.

I had a chat with the dev about this issue and he's pretty much baffled as I am, however he did suggest that you try removing one of the older newsletters you have on your site, this should clean up your database a bit and might just be what's needed to get it back to normal.

Let us know if that makes any difference.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Ez

No, did not.

Problem seem to occur when you have too many subscribers in one "subscribe category" (or subscribe list).

I had over 9000 subscribers in one category. I just downloaded the list and split it into two categories of 4500 each. Problem solved.

Also remember when sending, only select one category (or subscribe list) at a time. When finished running, do the same for the next category. You can actually run the same category over and over till you have everything in the sending list, just remember to tick the box "do not send to people already in the mailing list".

I suspect that my hosting provider done something on the server to override the PHP execution time.

Hope it help.
    EZ

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.