Enewsletter Outgoing email Server not working

Hi Guys,

I am really frustration with my outgoing email settings, have been at this for days now and am unable to get my welcome newsletter out to new subscribers.

1. I have Postman SMTP which is functioning perfectly with the same outgoing email server settings
2. I have deactivated Postman SMTP to see if there was a conflict with Enewsletter - there is not
3. When testing ougoing server details in Enewsletter sometime is tests with error, sometimes it tests fine
4. Always when attemtping to issue Welcome newsletter to all subscribers I get an outgoing server error even when it has tested fine
5. My outgoing email server details are correct

Desperately need help with this, I am missing out big time on being able to market my new site to existing clients and new susbscribers.

Each time I have requested help I have received initial help but don't get responses to my reply posts.

Hoping you can assist urgently.

Cheers,
Kelly

• Anang
    • New Recruit

Hi @Kelly-maree

Thanks for contacting us :slight_smile:

I can confirm there's error when testing smtp, but it is showing the setting is correct and your email is rejecting the test email. And also I test send newsletter preview to my email, and it's delivered with no problem :slight_smile:

So conclusion is ignore the test connection is settings, and please try to create newsletter and send preview to your other email address :slight_smile:

Let me know the result :slight_smile:

Best Regards

• Anang
    • New Recruit

Hi @Kelly-maree

Basically the error 2.1.5 when you test connection meaning the email is successfully sent but not deliver to recipient.

This is how I tested your newsletter that successfully delivered on my inbox :
    1. Create a newsletter
    2. Edit the content (or just leave it for testing purpose)
    3. Save the newsletter
    4. Send test email on bottom

I attached screenshot to help you :slight_smile:

Best Regards

• Anang
    • New Recruit

Hi @Kelly-maree

I think it's your email account that rejected incoming email, could you test with your other emails ? or check your current email not having full inbox or some rules that reject certain incoming email ?

Let me know the result

Best Regards

• Kelly-maree
    • The Crimson Coder

Anang it is not my email account because if this was the case then Postman SMTP plugin which I am also using would not work. This is an issue with Enewsletter plugin. And before you ask Postman SMTP is not causing conflict I deactivated over a week ago to test.

Cheers,
    Kelly

• Anang
    • New Recruit

Hi @Kelly-maree

Could you give your email / password or create a new one using your server ? I will try to update the smtp code, but I need your email account to check it :slight_smile: You can send the info here :
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/
    Subject: "Attn: Anang"
    -Email address
    -Email password
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls
    Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :simple_smile:

Looking forward for the info :slight_smile:

Best Regards

• Kelly-maree
    • The Crimson Coder

there was no topic of "I have a different question" Have sent it re Enewsletter pluggin attentioned to you. This is getting very frustrating I am getting nowhere as I can't promote my site without this and contact new subscribers and contact existing clients to spruke the site...

• Anang
    • New Recruit

Hi @Kelly-maree

I can't promote my site without this and contact new subscribers and contact existing clients to spruke the site...

To be clear about this issues, are your subscribers using the same email server like you do ? using office 360 server ? If your user not using office 360/exchange server (gmail, yahoo,etc) ,the email will sent to your member :slight_smile: I can confirm this because I send test email to my gmail account and it's worked :slight_smile:

And also I will try patch the SMTP library and see if it's fixed problem sending to office 360/ exchange server :slight_smile:

Best Regards

• Anang
    • New Recruit

Hi @Kelly-maree

The problem is only occurred when you sending to office 360. Sending email is worked, but you can't receive the email on your account (only account with office 360). You can send me test email to my email anang@pixnesia.com , and you will notice the email is successfully sent, and I will forward you what is look on my inbox :slight_smile:

How about that ? :slight_smile:

Best Regards

• Kelly-maree
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi Anang,
    I have done test emails with success, the issue is that when I attempt to send out my Welcome newsletter to current subscribers (this newsletter is also set to go out automatically when a visitor newly subscribes) it fails.
    Cheers,
    Kelly

• Anang
    • New Recruit

Hi @Kelly-maree

It's weird.. I tried on my installation it said successfully sent email (with test connection), then I tried on your server, it's worked too. But when I tried for second time on your server it's failed , but I got 100% success test on my local installation (sorry flooding your inbox with test email).

So I don't think the problem is on newsletter since it's worked on my installation and support office360 server. Probably server settings or plugins conflict. To check if something wrong with server setting could you give me your error logs from cpanel (ask your hosting provider) ? And Could you try disable w3cache and nginx plugin and try to test connection again ?

Best Regards

• Kelly-maree
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi Anang,
    Now you see my frustration lol and I don't mind being flooded with test emails :slight_smile: I have sent a copy of your response through to my host, hopefully they will get back to me shortly but it is almost 6 pm here.

So desperate to get this resolved it's justs so weird!

Cheers,
    Kelly

• Kelly-maree
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi Anang, my host has gotten back to me and no issues from host end. I am wits end here am ready to give up looking at other plugins for enewsletter as this one has serious issues for me - been at this for over 2 weeks to no avail. My settings are right, the host is good.... the issue is the plugin which I need resolved urgently.

• Kelly-maree
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi Anang,

Enewsletter gave me the send with PHP - however I was on the list of subscribers who was to receive the newsletter and I never got it. Enewsletter states that they have all been sent - but it hasn't as I would have received the newsletter.

• Rheinard
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi @Kelly-maree,

This really is one for @Maniu. @Maniu, the issue is with ePHPMailer not working with Office365 (Authentication issues). The second part of the issue is that when using PHP as the outbound method that it still uses ePHPMailer to use sendmail. Kelly's host is not using sendmail and she has to use a SMTP mailer (she's using Postman).

We can take advantage of Postman if we could change the send_email() method in class.functions.php to use wp_mail() instead, or, create a hook so that some custom code can be used to send the mail with wp_mail().

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
    Rheinard

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.