eNewsletter plugin -- clone & create new newsletters don't end up saving

Hi,

Starting today, when I clone or create a new newsletter, I update it or create it, then save it. It seems to work fine until I send a test email and none of the changes I made are in the test email; when I exit out of the editor, the title of the newsletter hasn't changed, and when I click to edit it again, none of the changes I have made are there, any more, either.

It says it saved, but it doesn't actually save the changes I make to the newsletter when cloning or creating a new one.

In case it helps, support access is ACTIVE until September 8, 2014 3:54 PM.

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hi, niniane!

I took a look around, and I don't see anything out of place, did anything happen at the same time this issue started? A new theme or plugin, perhaps, or an update to another plugin?

Have you already done early troubleshooting, like checking for theme or plugin conflicts?

I was able to replicate on your site, but unable to on replicate it on my own. Hopefully that means we can sort this out quickly for you.

Happy Friday!

• Jenni McKinnon
    • Recruit

Hi, thanks for your quick reply.

I updated Events+ and updated Wordpress to 4.0 today ... that's when I noticed this issue happening all of a sudden.

I haven't done much of any troubleshooting, because I'm afraid to loose all the newsletters I already created, if I delete the plugin and re-install it. I'm not sure if everything will be wiped, and I don't want it to be.

Hopefully that info helps ... ? I needed to send out an email 8 hours ago, so I'm starting to get a little worried.

Thanks!

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hello again, niniane!

I know there's an issue with WP 4.0 and Events+ we're working on, I've also been seeing a higher than average number of issues related to eNewsletter in the past few days, so an issue with WP 4.0 is not out of the realm of possibility.

Let's go ahead and do some troubleshooting anyway. Don't worry about losing your newsletters, they're stored in the database, so deactivating or even deleting the plugin won't erase them.

Let's start with your theme, that a lot easier to suss up than a plugin conflict. : ) Start by switching to one of the default themes and seeing if you can save your new newsletters. While we're poking around, just to be save, don't open any old newsletters you know saved properly until we figure this out.

If the theme switch doesn't fix it, start checking for a plugin conflict.

The most likely culprits are a caching or security plugin. If you have either of those deactivate them first and check your newsletters again.

Hope this helps!

• Jenni McKinnon
    • Recruit

Thanks for the info!!

That's good to know that the info is saved. Usually it is, and sometimes it's not so I just wanted to make sure.

I'm afraid of losing my customizations to my current theme, and also confusing the visitors to my site, but I'm currently copying my site to a different server (in the midst of moving) so I'll be able to test it on there without worrying about this once the file transfer is complete. So, I'll keep you posted on this and let you know what happens.

Thanks & I'll speak with you soon!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.