eNom intergration not working in Domain Mapping plugin

Hi There,
I have recently set up eNom integration with Domain Mapping. I ran a test yeasterday though and it didn't work.

What happened is this, I entered the desired domain name into the purchase domain input, it was available so I selected pay (via paypal), I paid for the domain and then I was redirected to the "Map Domain" tab and that's it.

In my eNom account the domain has not been purchased and when I type the domain into the "Map domain tab" it isn't able to map it.Do you think you could look around to see what the issue might be - Support access is already open to my site.

Thanks
Sam

• Sajid

Hi Samuel,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Could you please provide more details about this issue. Did you get any notification from eNom or any error message in debug log ? If yes then please post that here so we can troubleshoot this issue further.

Also, I find similar issue reported a while ago that can be of some help. This is not resolved but will provide more information about the issue and help us determine what is the issue exactly.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/domain-mapping-reseller-enom-payment-works-but-no-domain-purchased

Look forward towards your response Sam :slight_smile:
    Cheers, Sajid

• Samuel

Hi Sajid
      Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, it's hard to give more details on this, there is nothing in the debug file that relates to this, nor is there anything in my error log. I checked my database, and the table domain_mapping_reseller_log is empty. So there really is nothing to go off here.

I just tried to purchase a dmoain again and the same thing happened:
      1) User types in domain
      2) If domain is available user can buy (this is a paypal button - same as with pro sites)
      3) User pays via paypal - the payments are going through successfully
      4) After payment, user is taken to the "Map Domain" tab, but there is no notice to indicate that the domain has been purchased or what the user should do next

...and that's it. If I go back to "Purchase Domain" then the domain still shows as available. Nothing is registering with eNom (i.e. no domain has been registered, and no payment from my account is taken)

Are there any other steps I could take to try and troubleshoot this issue?

• Samuel

Nastia
    Oh wait, I'm lying, the domain name on that last test was registered successfully with eNom. My only problems are now:
    1) There doesn't appear to be any email sent about the domain purchase (except for the paypal receipt)
    2) There are no instructions to tell the user what to do next (they are just sent back to the domain mapping page you see in the video)
    3) When I type the domain name in, it doesn't map (as shown in the video)

• Tyler Postle

Hey Samuel,

Glad the domain was registered successfully :slight_smile: I'll address each of your questions below:

1) There doesn't appear to be any email sent about the domain purchase (except for the paypal receipt)

Domain Mapping doesn't send out an email so they will only receive the PayPal receipt and anything that eNom sends out. With that said, a customizable confirmation email from DM would be a nice addition. I'll move that to our feature requests.

2) There are no instructions to tell the user what to do next (they are just sent back to the domain mapping page you see in the video)

We are working on fixing this right now. Planning to add better instructions in the next update :slight_smile:

3) When I type the domain name in, it doesn't map (as shown in the video)

The domain you are trying to map isn't propagated to the proper IP where your multisite is. I can see by running it through getip.com that it's still using the eNom defaults.

In your reseller account have you changed the defaults? You can do this via:

My Account > Account Settings > Defaults. Then select "custom" for default domain settings. Screenshot below to illustrate.

We'll be adding the above to the upcoming instructions too.

Keep in mind that changing that now won't affect the existing domain you just purchased so you'll need to edit that domains records manually and change it to that of your multisite. It may take a little while for it to propagate.

If that still doesn't work then let us know and we'll have another look.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Sajid

Hi Samuel,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I am glad to know that all is good for you now.

I am sorry but we are unable to provide an ETA of next release to avoid confusion if we miss the deadline due to technical reasons. Please keep an eye on this thread or you will also get notified about the plugin updates right in your dashboard if you have installed WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.