Enpoint protection in Defender

I am currently being repeatedly hit with spam hits that have the aclk endpoint. I would love to be able to have those hits automatically blacklisted. If there were some sort of endpoint protection that would allow blocking some of those repeat 404 offenders, that would be awesome.

• Titanium Creative
    • Schcommunity Organizer

Just wanted to add that I was just looking up endpoint protection. It seems there is a thing that is not what I was talking about. I am referring to the WordPress endpoints in a url. In this case someone is tacking aclk on my urls as an endpoint. To what end I have no idea. But I'd like to have a way to stop them.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Titanium Creative,

I hope you're having a nice day!

I have just suggested the possible source of that ACLK "hits" in response to your previous post here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/lots-of-hits-with-aclk-endpoint

If that idea would turn out to be true, those "clicks" would be rather "harmless" in my opinion.

There's always an option to either filter it in Google Analytics to ignore them in stats or even setup some .htaccess rule to reject such traffic if necessary.

Defender currently doesn't include filter for that but regardless of a source of "ACLK" hits on the site, I agree it would be nice if it could filter/blacklist traffic based on similar criteria defined by user. Let's then hope that more members of our community will vote for it so our developers would include it in one of future versions of the plugin.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Titanium Creative
    • Schcommunity Organizer

I saw you response. As I mentioned there, I would expect aclk to be on outbound links to google.com not inbound links to my site where they generate a 404. This looks like just one more variation of 404 hits.

And to be honest, I don't really understand what anyone hopes to accomplish with these things. What are they trying to do?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Titanium Creative!

I just saw your replay there and I think you would be right about that. The point is probably to gain traffic to some malicious (or at least "shady") site but there's not much information about it around the web. I have forwarded the case to the Defender developer so he could dig deeper.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Titanium Creative!

I spoke to the developer and while there's not much that we could do about "instantly", he and he's team will keep it in mind when working on future versions of the plugin. I'm not quite able to tell how the solution would work and when a code addressing that would be included but they'll take a closer look at the problem.

Thank you for point our attention to that.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.