Enroll button not working correctly in CoursePress

If a visitor clicks the"Sign-up" button on the course page, the pop-up seems to function correctly.

If a logged in user clicks the "Enroll" button on the course page, the pop-up give a confirmation that they are enrolled and the correct link.

However, if the course is a paid course, all I am getting is a pop-up with a blank screen.

I have Membership 2 installed, so I tried enabling and disabling protection, activating and deactivating the plugin - still didn't seem to work. I also tried to create an individual page with the shortcode [cp_pages page="enrollment_process"] instead of the virtual page as it says on the settings page and then changing the enrollment page to that page - still no go.

Am I missing something? I have enabled support access if anyone needs to check.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey Brian,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I've checked your site's settings and I've also replicated this behavior on my own test setup. I think I need to call our 2nd-line support code magicians for help here as I can confirm the issue.

That said, please keep an eye on this thread for further information. Please note thought that their response time may be a bit longer than ours here on support forum as they have to deal with a lot of complex issues on a daily basis.

I'll keep you updated.

Cheers,
    Adam

• Bryan
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi @Adam Czajczyk,

Have you heard anything regarding this issue yet? I have a client that is getting a little anxious. They are planning on launching their service soon, and without this being resolved, they are unable to do so. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Bryan

• Jose
    • Bruno Diaz

Hi there Bryan,

This issue is likely related to MarketPress not being configured correctly.
    For paid courses, the popup should redirect to the checkout page. If MP is not working correctly, the checkout url is never returned and hence the popup stuck in a blank state.

Could you please go to your dashboard and double check Store settings?
    If the menu item Store Settings->Quick Setup is visible, then you better start from there.
    If it is not visible, it means that MP is initialized already but there is some config missing. You should make sure that the store pages are properly selected.

Please let me know if this fix the issue for you.

Cheers,
    José

• Bryan
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

THANK YOU! This helped out immensely. I was unaware that the update to marketpress 3.0 was going to require a new setup step. All I knew was that after upgrading, I couldn't seem to get any of my previously created (or new) paid courses to work. It might be a good idea to include that with the drop-down tip that says that a database upgrade is required.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.