Enrolled Student Can't See Course Content

Hi,

I enrolled myself as a test student (using a different email address) and paid (using stripe test mode) and the order went through fine, however the only email received was the order receipt from WooCommerce. I did not receive the user registration email from CoursePress OR the Course Enrollment Confirmation email.

If I navigate from the Order Received page to the "My Courses" student dashboard, no courses show up here. If I then go into WooCommerce and complete the order, I then receive the WooCommerce Order Complete email and I then receive the CoursePress Enrolment Confirmation email.

Going back and refreshing the My Courses student dashboard, I now see the course listed here. If I go to the course however, none of the course content is displayed. I see the menu with Units / Notifications / Workbook / Grades / Course Details, but no content below this. The course units are all set to live, with instant availability OR set to be available from a date that is in the past, so I can't work out why I can't see them as a student?

I would like the student registering to receive an email with their username and password details - which would be the User Registration email, but I can't work out why this wasn't sent. I went through the user registration process using an email address that had never been registered before, so I should have received it....?

I would also like the enrolment to be automatic after payment. I am planning on installing a plugin to allow auto completing of orders for virtual products to try to do this if it is not possible with CoursePress + WooCommerce alone.

I'm happy to provide access to our site if you require it.

• Dimitris

Hey there Sonya,

hope you're doing good today! :slight_smile:

I've tested that with latest CoursePress and WooCommerce plugins, and after setting up my sandbox Stripe credentials, my test user was able to pay for the course and gain instant access to the course, along with the Enrollment Confirmation and Order Receipt emails.

Could you please start a basic troubleshooting, including updating CoursePress and any other plugins to the latest versions and performing a conflict test as described here
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-2
    and better illustrated in a nice flow chart here
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Support-Process-Support-Process.gif
    The concept here is to keep CoursePress and WooCommerce, deactivate everything else, use a default theme, clear caches and give another try.

Finally, please grant us with support access to your website as described here
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-4

Looking forward for your results!
    Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Sonya

Hi Dimitris,

Thank-you for your help.

I was reluctant to update because the last update we ran caused us a number of issues and we also had to reformat all of the course content we had created. As I have current students using the system, I was hesitant to update in case of issues.

I bit the bullet and updated CoursePress (and all other plugins & wordpress). This has improved a few little issues we had, however didn't solve the problem. Instead of seeing no course content, I now see a message that there are no units (even though there are many active units).

I went through deactivating plugins, this also did not solve the problem, so I came back to look again at the settings in the Course.

Because I was previously having issues with the Course Structure check boxes (under the Step 2 - Course Details section), all of the checkboxes had been unticked here. I went through and ticked these checkboxes and now the course content is displaying for the students. Few!

(I didn't realise that these needed to be checked in order for the student to see the course content... I actually thought that this was for the Course Overview that was shown to publicly to those looking at the course on the front end of the website.)

I am still having some troubles with the checkboxes on other courses in CoursePress though - when I put a check in the Unit, it puts checks in all the sections below it. If I try to uncheck some or all of the sections below the Unit, it unchecks the Unit and all of the sections under it. It does not do this consistently though - some sections will uncheck all and others won't.

So far I still haven't been able to get a User Registration email. On last attempt I received the (1x) Order Confirmation from WooCommerce and I received 2x the Enrollment Confirmation email. I would be happy to just issue the Enrollment Confirmation email if it was possible to insert the students username and password into that email, however the shortcodes for the student username and password don't work in this email template. I have no idea why now I'm receiving that email twice now...? The instructor email account is also receiving 2x the "New Enrolment in Your Course" email now too.

I have granted access to the site for you.

Thank-you.

• Sonya

Hi,

Just a quick update:
    - I have made a number of changes in the site as I am actively preparing for launch, so plugins have been turned off for testing are back on again now, I have changed from Stripe test mode to live and I have installed other plugins which weren't installed when I submitted the ticket.
    - I didn't notice before but the CoursePress 'New Order' email also does not get sent on enrolment even though this was enabled.

Just clarifying as above:
    - The enrolment and access to the course is working fine now! :slight_smile:
    - 2 x 'Course Enrollment Confirmation' emails are received by the student on enrolment
    - 2 x 'Enrollment Notification for Instructor' emails are received by the instructor.
    - WooCommerce Order Complete is received (x1)
    - It would be fantastic if CoursePress allowed use of the shortcodes STUDENT_USERNAME and STUDENT_PASSWORD in the Course Enrollment Confirmation email - this way I could set it to send just one email upon enrolment.

Thank-you for your help.

• Dimitris

Hey there Sonya,

hope you're doing good today! :slight_smile:

I'm glad that you've manage to surpass the enrollment and access issues, good job! :clap:

- 2 x 'Course Enrollment Confirmation' emails are received by the student on enrolment
    - 2 x 'Enrollment Notification for Instructor' emails are received by the instructor.

I can see that in the Email Logs....
    https://monosnap.com/file/hxu4aQMtEn8cBxVGY4mmsvboroXEGe

As I haven't experienced such issue in my previous tests, could you please proceed with a basic conflict test as described here?
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-2
    The concept here is to deactivate all other plugins apart from CoursePress and WooCommerce (along with the Paypal Stripe gateway plugin), activate a default theme like TwentySeventeen, clear/deactivate all caches and give that another try. If emails are being sent correctly, start activating plugins and theme, one-by-one, checking each time a new user registration/enrollment.
    I understand that this is a bit time consuming, so you may have to first create a staging environment, meaning an exact copy of this website in another location/folder in the same server (using a separate DB too), so you could freely proceed with the debugging steps.

- It would be fantastic if CoursePress allowed use of the shortcodes STUDENT_USERNAME and STUDENT_PASSWORD in the Course Enrollment Confirmation email - this way I could set it to send just one email upon enrolment.

We could make a feature request for that
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/forum/feature-suggestions#question
    even though I believe that you should better use (as you already have enabled as far as I can see) the User Registration email for that, as these credentials are about the WP user, rather than a specific course. For example, these could also be used in the future by the same person to enroll to another course.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.