Enrollment in Courses of network setup

Normally, when a course on the main site, with a multisite setup, is displayed, then clicked on, it takes the user to the subdomain that created the course... Is there a way that the subdomains can create the courses as they do now, but if a user opens and or enrolls in a course, it handles everything on the primary domain only?

• Tyler Postle

Hey Josh,

Hope you're doing well today!

Sorry, I might be missing something here, but Courses should be individual to each site. So, courses on main site shouldn't be linking to a subsite and courses from subsites shouldn't be displaying on the main site. Unless perhaps you're using our Post indexer plugin then it could display subsite posts on main site.

Again, I might be totally missing something there or misunderstanding.

As for creating courses on subsites but then letting students complete them on the main site. There is no work flow for that at the moment. I can move it to feature requests though :slight_smile: hopefully some other members will show their interest in it as well. If you have any further questions just let us know.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Josh

When coursepress pro and marketpress are both installed, one can use the global marketpress settings to show products on the main site, even though they originated from subdomains. However, when a user clicks on the product on the main site (which was created on a subdomain) it takes the user to that subdomain product's page. I would like the user to see the product as if it was created by the primary domain... if possible.

How it ties back to coursepress:
      As for the integration of coursepress pro, from my understanding, when a non-free course is created (with marketpress installed as well), marketpress automatically creates an item for that course. If I use the global settings in a network setup, I can get all courses created from subdomains to show on the primary domain...

Or am I misunderstanding how it all works together?

• Tyler Postle

Hey Josh,

Sorry for my delay here, glad you found a solution :slight_smile:

How can I call a listing of all courses that a user is registered for (amongst all subdomains) to be listed, as links, in a single page, when that user is logged in?

So you want to be able to list all of a users courses from all subsites on the main site?

and link them to each respective website?

Right now we don't have global features added like this, but it's definitely something I'll mark as a feature request.

Let me know if that is what you're wanting though and I can ask the developer what would be involved in making it happen. Perhaps there is a workaround we could do in the meantime.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Josh

Yes, that is what I was looking for.

I am looking to allow each instructor to have their own subdomain/website and when they create a course for their own page/site it automatically shows on the primary domain (really I would like all created courses to be on the primary domain rather than just linked to the subdomain, but I don't see that happening anytime soon). When a user registers for a course, they would need to complete the course on the instructor's page, BUT I don't want users to have to memorize all of the instructors and their respective domains in order to keep track of the courses that they have registered for. If all registered courses were displayed on a single page of the primary domain, users would only need to log into one location to view and access all of the courses that they are registered for. Clicking on a linked course will open the course in a new tab/window.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Josh,

Hope you're doing well today. sorry for my delay on this.

I think in this situation it would be best to make the users "instructors" on the main site too and have them all create courses there so users can register and work through the courses there, but then have the instructors own sites for any further content they want to display.

The good thing about Multisite is that users are logged into the entire network when they log in to one site. So they can navigate to other sites in the network without having to re-login again.

Making the mix between registering for the course on the main site and completing the course on the subsite would require custom development as well.

Let me know if you have further questions on this.

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.