Entry page split over multiple pages

I am co-designing a system for entering reports into a system for on site issue reporting.

We have changed posts to reports and are looking to find out if it is possible to split the input into separate pages that save drafts before proceeding to the next step. For example:

Page 1:
Report title
Report Text
Page 2:
Image/media upload and editing
Page 3:
Date and other information relevent (custom fields)
Page 4:
Category selection
Instead of the single entry page that is currently used.

We are aiming to use multi-site to automatically deploy the system once a user purchased the site. Main plugins used: NewBlog Template, Advanced Access Manager, Advanced Custom Fields.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Kris,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your question!

Are you wanting to make a multi-page post type submission form?

Best tool for this would be something like Gravity Forms. It allows for multi-page form creation which you can place on the front end for your users to fill out.

If you do custom post types then you will need this free add-on: https://wordpress.org/plugins/gravity-forms-custom-post-types/

Here is a nice tutorial on creating a frontend form too: http://gravitywiz.com/use-gravity-forms-to-create-user-submitted-posts/

I haven't tested this method out for your specific purpose; however, it should work or at least give you a great base to build on :slight_smile:

Are you wanting the form submission to be on the backend? and split the default backend editing pages into a multi page form? That would require quite a bit more customization.

You are wanting this form to be pre-set for each new site? That should be possible with New Blog Templates, long as the custom fields are being brought over too.

Hope this helps Kris! More than happy to discuss this further if needed.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Kris

Thank you for your reply - we're investigating your options and it's looking good so far.

I have played with custom fields and yes I am looking to have the back end split. The idea being that someone can upload an image, then add the title and text at a later stage rather than having to attached an image via the media library.

I'm also looking at the IOS WP app for offline composing...Would that store a post/report in the iPhone for upload later?

Thanks again for your reply, links and advice! I will keep you posted :slight_smile:

Kris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.