ePortfolio - form which users can continue to see

Hello,

I'm a new member and this is my first post!

We're working on developing a WP network to replace an ePortfolio system for our University students that is currently running inside our VLE- Blackboard using the Learning Objects Campus Pack wiki tools.

Currently, we are able to distribute a template wiki to each student which has 20+ pages many of which have tables in them. The students edit the wiki page and fill in blank cells in the wiki as part of completing the ePortfolio.

We are looking the best way to implement something similar in WordPress where a template is used to create a site for each student and in that template are some pages with "forms" that the students fill in. While it would be great to be able to collect the data from the these forms in a spreadsheet or database somewhere, it is more important that the filled-in forms remain in place where the student can refer to it and even edit/update it as needed.

This could just be a normal post that has a table in it with a little extra formatting but we're wondering if there is a better way. Is there way of doing this that would look good and be easy to use? Being able to collect the data would be a great bonus. We are willing to put in time up front to get the right solution set up as this will serve a large number of students.

Thanks in advance for any ideas or suggestions.

I'd be interested to hear about any similar projects out there- using WordPress for ePortfolios.

Thanks,

Ben