Erase snapshot backups from website

I have a multisite setup and use Snapshot Pro. I also have a very big website which I need to reduce in size. right now it's over 7 GB. I also just erased all my sub sites and made new ones but I have a lot of snapshot files under uploads. These are created when you "save local" correct? I was thinking I should stop doing that (saving local), and erase all of these from my server and just use google drive so my site doesn't get too big. Can I just erase the plugin and start from scratch? Will that erase all the backups from uploads? Should I erase certain files using FTP?

• Rupok

Hi Beau,

I have a lot of snapshot files under uploads. These are created when you "save local" correct?

Yes. When you locally save your backups, they are stored in your hosting.

Can I just erase the plugin and start from scratch? Will that erase all the backups from uploads? Should I erase certain files using FTP?

The best way for erasing all previous snapshots is doing that through plugin options. Please go to "Dashboard > Snapshot > All Snapshots". There you will see all your previous snapshots. When you mouse over to any snapshot, you will get delete link for deleting that specific snapshot. If you want to remove all snapshots, then click the tick-box beside the "name" row, that will select all snapshots. Now select "Delete" from "Bulk Action" drop-down and click "Apply". That will delete all snapshots. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

Please let us know if you have any confusion or if you are stuck at any point. We will be glad to assist further.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok