@Erik; Question about your "Hide WP Dashboard & wp-admin code snippet

@erik

Can Your “Hide WP Dashboard & wp-admin be modified to allow users to access their MarketPress store?

http://erikshosting.com/wordpress-tips-code/hide-wordpres-wp-admin-dashboard-entirely/

I know Gravity Forms allows front end editing post for logged in users.

Is there a way for this to work with MarketPress and/or other plugins?

• Erik
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Definitely!

I have a more robust version designed to allow users to hit the profile.php page if buddypress isnt installed, so they can edit their profile and change pwds etc, without buddypress’s frontend profile editor. The plugin was designed for wp 3.0 so I’ll get an update out in the next couple days and post that on the site.

For allowing users to still get to the marketpress pages, All I’d need to do is expand the whitelisting options to include the marketpress pages. If you want to send me a list of the pages slugs you’re referring to, I can put that in as an option for the next release ( a day or two ). You can send them via the contact form on my website (i’ll have your email and can update you when its in), or post them here, whatever’s clever.

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

If you want to send me a list of the pages slugs you’re referring to

I am little slug un-savy, I understand category slugs, but not page slugs. “Not a developer, just a bored investor that is tired of investing”.

Let me Google, and search the codex tonight, and see what i come up with. I will post back here before posting to your contact form so others can know!

Thanks!

Be Blessed!

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

@erik

As i was searching the codex about page slug i ended up on a rabbit track for other issues i am trying to solve, but i noticed from some of what i read, and you question about what page slugs makes me think i should give a little more information so i do not waste your time.

This would be for a network of stores. Say all my friends have their own skate board decks and custom logos, and want separate stores. This would be on a multisite, so would each store have to be set up with different page slugs, or do you just need the general MarketPress slugs like New Product, Edit Product, etc…

Please advise.

Thanks Erik!

Be Blessed!

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

@erik

I think i got the right "slug stuff" if not correct me and i will fetch it!

Products ***

/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=product

Create New ***

/wp-admin/post-new.php?post_type=product

Product categories ***

/wp-admin/edit-tags.php?taxonomy=product_category&post_type=product

Product Tags ***

/wp-admin/edit-tags.php?taxonomy=product_tag&post_type=product

Manage Orders ***

/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=product&page=marketpress-orders

Store Settings ***

/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=product&page=marketpress

1. Do you need all the Tabs in the Store Settings Page?

See Snip Shot

2. Do you want me to get the Directory and Classifieds Page slugs for you???

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

@erik

What i did is clicked the menu for each page, then copied the URL, and pasted it. I just removed the domain that was before /wp-admin. Is that the slug??? If so they are. https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/erik-question-about-your-hide-wp-dashboard-wp-admin-code-snippet#post-325039

Do you want the classifieds and directory ones too? or any WPMU Dev plugin? If so let me know and i will get the slugs for you! :slight_smile:

• Erik
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

This look good, Thanks.

If you want to send those over to me as well organized into two groups I can include them in some preset options.. I’ll have another release out in a day or two. I’ll be updating here when that is released.

-Erik

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.