ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS - Fixed!

Hi,

Just thought I would report this issue I had with ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS on my site which I finally resolved this morning after countless hours of troubleshooting.

I installed a number of your plugins a few days ago, one by one, testing and configuring each. These included Site-Pro, Ultimate Branding, Smart Crawl & WP Defender. I configured each one and all seemed to work fine until last night.

When I tried to access my multisite, I would get the ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS. I tried everything I could find on here and even disabling all the plugins, but nothing worked.

This morning, I was scanning through the wp-config.php file and noticed that $table_prefix was set to 'wp_' However, I remembered that the WP Defender reported this as a problem and I used the recommended fix to rename the prefix through the plugin. My db was all updated with the new prefix but this entry in the wp-config.php was still set to the old prefix. I changed the wp_ to the new prefix in the wp-config.php and BAM! Everything is working again and the ERR Redirect errors are gone.

Anyways, I couldn't find anything here about this and figured I'd report my fix in case it helps anyone else. It would have helped me and saved my a ton of hours. :slight_smile:

Maybe someone can confirm that WP Defender is causing this problem.... I'm surprised that I couldn't find anything and that i'm the only one that's run into this.

Cheers
Shayne