Error 10525

i get this error trying checkout with paypal.

There was a problem connecting to PayPal to setup your purchase. Please try again.

* 10525 – Invalid Data – This transaction cannot be processed. The amount to be charged is zero.

according to the paypal api reference it means.

10525 Invalid Data This transaction cannot be

processed. The amount to be

charged is zero.

The merchant entered a amount of zero

I’m running latest versions of marketpress, framemarket

http://www.ybrmarket.com.au/

• dfstorm
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I just realised, the site works fine on the first go (i tried it on a new computer). the error will appear on the second attemp at paypal. For instance, if you cancel the paypal checkout, go back to ybr and try to buy more stuff. Then you get this error.

Once you get the error there is no way around it. It will keep preventing you from any further checkouts.

Clearing cookies and history does not help.

And it prevents me from testing other site functionality which i suspect is not working.

I think we need some of the key developers working on this.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya dfstorm,

I just attempted to checkout on your site following your steps above. I actually canceled on the paypal times on 3 separate occasions and added products to my cart. Each time the total was correctly updated and I was able to visit paypal without an issue.

Do you have any ‘free’ items in your store? Something that might have been accidentally marked as 0.00 (which PayPal does not accept?)

I’m not able to reproduce this on my end.

• dfstorm

That’s odd, i can get through now too. It was seriously happening on all 5 devices in my office for a couple days, with all different products. And it was seriously bad because i couldn’t test anything. As soon as i would try to checkout, bang, error. i’ll keep an eye on it. Cheers Mason!

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

Ok, I’m seeing the same error when testing that product as well. It appears the product may be sold out? I got an inventory notice once, so please verify that is correct. Oddly, I seem to be getting an extra page during checkout , but I’m not sure that’s related.

Let us know. Thanks!

• dfstorm

the product is sold out. Which is another separate problem as i can purchase something that is sold out.(which was another complaint from a customer) I get this error sparaticly regardless of whether the product is in stock or not.

im not sure what that extra page is for. i thought that was suppost to be the global cart in action?

I think there is bugs in this software which need to be fixed.

Do you Agree?

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey dfstorm.

I took a look as well. After adding the item it shows as being “Out Of Stock” as well.

So I went to look at a live cart one of our clients have and that seems to work as expected.

I wonder, do you have any cache plugins running and if so could you clear the cache, turn the plugin off and test again?

Thanks.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey again.

I was asking about caching base plugins because it could be showing the item from cache with stock then hitting enter it resolves to being ‘out of stock’.

Because I don’t experience the issue on my installs its harder for me see or track the cause. I see in your other thread that Phil requested your details, I’m sure he will be looking into the problem as soon as he possibly can.

I’ll mention this to Aaron as well to see if he has experienced any issues similar to this.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hi dfstorm.

I see your currently troubleshooting these issues with Aaron in another thread as well (looking at your latest screenshot in there). For clarity and so not to duplicate efforts it would be best to keep it there whilst you are using the betas he has provided.

Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.