Error 403 when trying to install Dashboard plugin

Hi there,

I am on WP Engine and trying to install the dashboard plugin. When I go to log in, I get the following error:

=====
Your server had a problem connecting to WPMU DEV: "HTTP Error: 403 "Forbidden"". Please try again.

If this problem continues, please contact your host with this error message and ask:

"Is php on my server properly configured to be able to contact https://premium.wpmudev.org/api/dashboard/v1/ with a POST HTTP request via fsockopen or CURL?"
=====

I have talked to WPE support and they confirm that everything is working fine on their end. Has our server IP been blocked? Here are our IPs:

Thanks

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi QuickFix,

So sorry to hear the inconvenience you are having. Though your host confirmed that everything is working at their end, can you please ask them and make sure PHP and firewalls are configured to allow CURL or fsockopen to make GET requests to https://premium.wpmudev.org/wdp-un.php?

I've also pinged our System Admins to check if your IPs are blocked from our end or not. I'll update you as soon as I get anything from them.

In the meantime, can you please let us know what your host says about the CURL/fsockopen query? I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• QuickFix
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi there, thanks for the reply.

We have 100+ installs on those servers that also run WPMUdev Dashboard, so we're confident that WP Engine is not the problem. No changes to the server have been made.

I have tried setting the dashboard up on additional new installs and get the same problem. An error 403 sounds like the connection is being actively refused so I think the problem is we're being blocked by your API.

Thanks

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello QuickFix,

There were some issues with our services due to AWS outage, but everything should work fine now - is that problem still occurring on your sites?
    I'm still waiting for respons from our sys admins about those IPs - I'll let you know when I'll get the answer.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.