Error 404 While Saving Coursepress Pro Course

I am finding it difficult to save a particular course unit in the Coursepress Pro Plugin.

I am using the latest version on a normal WP installation (not multisite)

Other course units save just fine, but this particular one won’t save. It’s reporting error 404. It initially saved, but when I add additional pages to it or want to correct an error, it doesn't save. Instead it reports error 404.

I’ve tried some solutions shared in the forum for similar problem like changing the pernmalinks to default and prettifying it again.

I’ve tried different browsers, too, no luck.

Any suggestions?

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Edwin

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are doing good and thanks for asking the question :slight_smile:

Would you please grant support access from your Dashboard > WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access so that I can check?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Also, let me know which course and unit I should check.

I will be happy to take a look :slight_smile:

Cheers
    Ash

• Jose
    • Bruno Diaz

Hello there @Edwin,

I was running some tests in your site and installed Snapshot Pro plugin in order to take a backup of your site and be able to recreate the same course in my development environment.

Everything works fine on my end even when the course is exactly the same.

I suggest you to run a plugin conflict test by deactivating all the plugins in your site except CoursePress. This way we can rule out any problem caused by other plugins.

Second, you can try re-creating the unit. There is a chance that the relation between modules, unit, and course got corrupted.

If this doesn't solve the issue, please send me the following information via contact form :

- In the subject field add "Attn: Jose”
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WP admin/network access
    - Include FTP host and credentials.
    - Include any relevant URLS for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

Thanks,
    José

• Edwin
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I disabled all plugins except Coursepress itself, still the issue persisted. I recreated the unit and it worked with the error 404, but it presented a new problem: the position of the pages CAN'T be switched in Coursepress like it can done to the page ELEMENTS.

So if I have course 2 on page 2 and I delete and recreate it, it's gonna be on the last page, like page 13. That means if I delete and recreate any page in CoursePress, I have to recreate all the others. Not advisable!

I am going to send you the above credentials you asked for via your contact form.

Thanks for the efforts.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Edwin

I am sorry for the delay. @Jose was busy with an internal project, but I have sent him a private note to him, so he will reply you back as soon he is online.

We really appreciate your patience.

Have an awesome day!

Cheers
    Ash

• Edwin
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Okay. I had to recreate the units because I needed to complete the project on scheduled time. So in order words, I resolved it by taking the pain to recreate the units.

However, I will the WPMUDEV team to look into in future updates.

I have other issues, but I will have to create new threads for them, if I can't find previous solutions on the issues.

Thanks.

• Jose
    • Bruno Diaz

Hi Edwin,

Sorry that we couldn't provide a better solution for this.

I suspect this was some corrupted data, since we couldn't reproduce the problem using the same DB and even this works when you create a new unit with the same content.

I'll keep an eye on it anyway, and let you know if I find the cause.

With regards to the other issues that you mention in your last post, don't hesitate to create new tickets. I'm working on a new version to be released soon and it would be great to solve all those before releasing.

Thanks,
    José

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.