Error 404s landing on blogroll?

Hello.

I really have no idea what caused this, that is when this started happening, so here goes: I wanted to test my 404 page so I went to mydomain.com/about/team/thisdudewhodoesntexist and I ended up on the blogroll (all categories, I think) page. The tab in Chrome is displaying the page title as Page Not Found, but the page content is the blogroll.

Anyone have any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated! :slight_smile:

p.s.: If someone from WPMU DEV is reading this, I have Support Access enabled.

• Rupok

Hi Clyde Sebastian,

https://con********ce.com/ is the site we are talking about, right? If yes, thanks for granting Support Access. I logged in and saw the issue. So I tried to edit a non-existing page because in Upfront, when you go to a non-existing page, and click on the Upfront link in the title bar, it loads the 404 page inside the Upfront Editor. So I loaded a non-existing page and tried to edit that page. The weird thing is, it's not saving the changes though browser console is saying "layout update", and it's showing me a notice at the top: "Another tab is already working on this". Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

I've cleared my browser cache but still seeing this, so by any chance is this page layout open in Upfront editor in your browser? Can you please try activating any other Upfront theme and check if the issue is same at there?

Can you also disable all type of caching in your site to test this issue? I can see you have Hummingbird Browser Caching enabled in your site.

Just to make sure no other plugin is causing this, can you please do a plugin conflict test? To know more about plugin conflict test, you can check this guide: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Please let us know your findings in details. I'm looking forward to hear from you and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Clyde W.

Thank you, Rupok. Yes, that is the domain.

I also saw the "Layout Update", and have no idea what it is about.

I also saw the "Another tab is already working on this". The first time I came across this was when my business partner and I were working in Upfront simultaneously, albeit on different pages. I guess there can only be one instance of Upfront open at a time? When you (or someone else from WPMU DEV) went in, I must have also been working on something else in Upfront. My apologies for this.

Based on my limited experience with Upfront thus far, I'm guessing that these two messages are somehow related.

I cleared my browser cache and tried temporarily disabling caching on my site, but still have the same issue.

With only the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin activated, I still have this issue, so I don't think it is a plugin conflict issue.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for your help!

• Ash

Hello Clyde Sebastian

You need to reset your 404 layout as I believe it was modified somehow. Please go to Dashboard > Upfront > General > Debug Options > Select 404 and then reset. I have tried to do that but seems I don't have permission, so I didn't see debug option.

Also, if you accidentally reset any other page layout, then that layout will be lost. So, it's better to take a complete backup of your site to stay safe :slight_smile:

Let us know if that works for you.

Have a good day!

Cheers
    Ash

• Clyde W.

Hi Ash,

I also did not see the Debug Options. To get them to appear, I went to User Restrictions and clicked Save Changes at the bottom without having changed any of those settings.

However, going back to Upfront > General and taking a look at the Debug Options, nothing about 404 was ion the drop-down.

I tried emptying cache and resetting the Upfront cache and still 404 was not on the list.

And the problem persists. Any other thoughts? I really would like to not have to reset the theme...

Thanks!

• Ash

Hello Clyde Sebastian

In that case, we need to get help from developer to reset from database. Would you please send me your admin login and cpanel information? I will pass to the developer to take a look.

To send me details, please use our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select: I have a different question
    Subject: Attn-Ash (this ensures that it will be assigned to me)
    Details:
    1. Send all requested details
    2. Send a link of this thread so that I can track
    3. Send any other relevant link

I will be happy to take a look :slight_smile:

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.