Error 502 - Bad Gateway when accessing the Sites page in Network Admin

The Sites page in Network Admin Dashboard shows "Error 502 - Bad Gateway"
other pages are accessible.

• Sohag Ronjon Dey
    • Support

Hi trilliumcoastits,

Thanks for contacting us :slight_smile:

We were trying to check the issue. We tried to check if any plugin is causing the issue. For this we renamed the plugins directory to disable all the plugins temporarily and the Network Admin > Sites page is visible. Which suggests a plugin conflict. Please try to run a full plugin conflict test to see which is the one causing the issue. You can run the test as outlined in the flowchart below

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Support-Process-Support-Process.gif

Please make sure to take complete backup of your site files and database before making any deactivation or changes. This will help to get back to current state if any breaks happen or any settings misses.

Or you can create a staging site from Hosting > Staging tab and try to run the test there so your production site stays unchanged when you perform the test.

Please feel free to contact us if you need any more help.

Cheers,
    Sohag

• trilliumcoastits
    • New Recruit

Thought I had replied to this yesterday. I found the issue is with the Defender plugin which is your plugin. I've determined that it's the login masking that breaks the sites list in the network... at first I masked the login page as /dashboard/ which broke the sites page on the network dashboard... then I tried using the word /panel/ but same issue... any ideas?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello trilliumcoastits

Thank you for your response!

It seems that there's an unexpected error related to this that's causing this behavior if the login masking is enabled in Defender. We've already got it reported to our developers as a bug so they're looking into it.

I've added this case to the report so we would be notified of any updates but please make sure that you're also keeping the plugin up to date as the fix will most likely be released only as a plugin update.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.