error activating

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/var/chroot/home/content/36/8399736/tmp/sess_mmqrebko8bkrira1b7245deta5, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /home/content/36/8399736/html/wp-content/plugins/comments-plus/lib/class_wdcp_model.php on line 44

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/content/36/8399736/html/wp-content/plugins/comments-plus/lib/class_wdcp_model.php:44) in /home/content/36/8399736/html/wp-content/plugins/comments-plus/lib/class_wdcp_model.php on line 44

• Philip John

Yeah, it definitely sounds like some sort of configuration issue. I just can't figure out where.

What's puzzling me is this bit;

/var/chroot/home/content/36/8399736/tmp/sess_mmqrebko8bkrira1b7245deta5

I don't understand where that's coming from. I've asked the developer to have a look but he's away for a few days so I'll ask some of the other guys to have a look and see if they can figure out what might be wrong.

Cheers,
    Phil

• sonicphotos

I have used the Wordpress installer and FTP and got the following errors:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/var/chroot/home/content/36/8399736/tmp/sess_63cgaa8ds930rjnpav2djfvln1, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /home/content/36/8399736/html/wp-content/plugins/comments-plus/lib/class_wdcp_model.php on line 44

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/content/36/8399736/html/wp-content/plugins/comments-plus/lib/class_wdcp_model.php:44) in /home/content/36/8399736/html/wp-content/plugins/comments-plus/lib/class_wdcp_model.php on line 44

I get this error on a few different plugins, not just one.

• sonicphotos

I removed all plugins and tried it again but still got errors:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/var/chroot/home/content/36/8399736/tmp/sess_egp2ukdvdp2vk53ifm2hgj2q86, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /home/content/36/8399736/html/wp-content/plugins/comments-plus/lib/class_wdcp_model.php on line 44

• Mason

Hiya sonicphotos,

This article gives a summary of the cause of this issue:
    http://www.weston-fl.com/blog/?p=316/

Basically, it's something at the top of a PHP file somewhere. If it's happening for multiple plugins then I'd say it's potentially an issue with the WordPress files themselves (can happen during installation or during an upgrade - especially auto-upgrade).

If you don't see any extra whitespace at the top fo class_wdcp_model.php (which you shouldn't or we'd have hundreds of folks reporting the same). Try overwriting your WordPress core files with a fresh copy from WordPress.org.

Best practice is to manually add plugins and overwrite files with FTP. Sorry we can't provide more specific advice here, but according to those error messages it has to be something along these lines.

Let us know how it goes. Thanks.

• sonicphotos

I overwrote all my files like you requested by it didn't change anything. Now that I've finally figured that I just can't use some of your plugins and was starting to accept that fact, along comes the Marketpress plugin that looked like it worked (at least no errors activating) but after running through a test order I get this error on the cart page:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/var/chroot/home/content/36/8399736/tmp/sess_egp2ukdvdp2vk53ifm2hgj2q86, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /home/content/36/8399736/html/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/marketpress.php on line 839

I think you guys appear to have some cool stuff but if I can't use any of it, what good does it do me? I keep starting over but get errors with your plugins. I've had more problems with your plugins this past week than all my other experiences put together. I guess it's because I paid for yours that I'm paying more attention. I completely rebuilt my site around your plugins this week and now I may have to start over again. Without them.

Anything else you guys can think of besides just pinging this post to keep it open?

• Vladislav

Hi,

Your frustration is quite understandable, but the errors you're receiving are not really plugin related, at least not directly. They are there because of the problem reading and writing sessions (all other warnings about headers being already sent are a direct consequence of the first one), which is a serious problem: the read/write error you're receiving is indicative of a misconfigured PHP installation, and it affects anything that uses PHP sessions on your site, not solely WPMU DEV plugins.

Sessions and PHP configuration are in domain of your host so, obviously, the best course of action would be to contact your host about the session read/write errors you're seeing.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.